Graduating Senior Electrical Engineer Trying To Break Into Business

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by UCLAbruinboy, Sep 20, 2012.

1. UCLAbruinboy

UCLAbruinboy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm currently a senior at UCLA's Electrical Engineering program. I will graduate this spring with a GPA around 3.3/3.4. I was wondering what my chance is of getting a consulting/product management job at fairly large reputable company? I have experience working at a tech startup company. Thanks for the input

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum UCLAbruinboy, thanks for joining and I hope your studies are going well for you. I'd suggest you try some of the following;

• Speak to the careers advice service in your college, assuming that there is one.
    • Have a chat with some of your lecturers who have good industry contacts, they will be on the look out for good students that they can recommend to their industry contacts.
    • Write up a list of the companies you would potentially like to work for. Visit their websites and have a look at their news announcements, growth plans and recruitment needs.
    • Read industry related publications and websites, to get a feel for what's happening in the industry and who is hiring graduates.

Good luck with it and hopefully some of our other members will also be able to give you some suggestions.