Got a lot of shirts and I don't know how to sell them

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by johnnychan, Jul 3, 2010.

1. johnnychan

johnnychan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a couple thousand thai dyed shirts that I want to sell. They're good quality, 100% cotton, made in Thai Land.

Can someone offer me some advice on how I could sell these? I put something up on craigslist but that hasn't worked.

What are some other options?

Thanks

2. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Do you want to sell them to individuals? If so then it would be bit tough..

Another way is you have shirts around couple of thousands so you can sell them in a wholesale market..!! In this way you will be able to sell it faster..!!

What do you say??

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum johnnychan, thanks for joining and posting your business question.

I'd also like to know if you want to sell them to individuals or to other businesses. You could sell them at a market stall, or you could sell them to market stall owners. Have you considered selling them on eBay? Are all the T-shirts similar or do you have a broad range of designs? It would be great if you could link to some images of them.

If you can please give us a little more info, we will be able to give you more specific help and suggestions.

4. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also post photos and pricing details of those shirts on multiply.com or flickr.com.

You can also try and attract customers via facebook or twitter.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you tried selling them on ebay?

6. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your want to sell them fast offer it to your community, they might get interested with it.

7. chemicals

chemicals
    uix_expand uix_collapse

why don't u put pics of the shirts you don't know how to sell.
    maybe there will be some potential customers here interested in your qulitied shirts.
    just have a try to show the pics.

8. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You've had good suggestions! Welcome to Business Advice Forum, johnnychan. There are loads of summer fairs, events, car boot sales and festivals at this time of year. Get a vendor spot at some of those or rent a booth in a flea market. If you can't man it yourself there are always students looking for summer jobs.

You can also build yourself a site and add a shopping cart but doing it in the flesh would save on shipping. Take out ads in your local paper too.

When you say thai dyed do you mean tie dyed as well as made in Thailand? If you do, try etsy. I believe that you can sell anything handmade or vintage there and I'd say a tie dye design would count as retro. I looked and they do have some tie dye products.

9. BizDoc

BizDoc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi JohnnyChan. Are these shirts all uniform? Without more info I'm reluctant to give my opinion. But I would lean toward unloading them all at once - saves on time and frees up capital for other pursuits.

If so, you might contact a large t-shirt screener to offer a deal if they'll take them off your hands. You'd sell them per unit less than if you sold them retailer but you might be able to find someone who will act as your distributor channel.

Cheers!

10. bensh06

bensh06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with REMOTESTAFF..

Since these are networking sites many people will get a view of your shirts. Just make sure that prices are not too high so that it will catch attention.

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

JohnnyChan:

This is a very good idea. There are also other sites that are similar. Google the phrase "online auction" or "online auction site" to find them. Depending on the categories offered, you may be able to sell them in bulk, or post an ad in several categories(you did not say if they are mens, womens, childrens, or a variety). You can take a look to see what prices others are charging first, so you can make sure your prices are competitive.
    Kay also mentioned building your own website. Who knows? If you sell them through your own website, and have a supplier who can get you more, you might be able to build a nice business for yourself.

12. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that's a great idea. I was also thinking there about consignment stores. There are loads of them dotted around the country as well as online.

You could also try closeout stores. I saw one called Closeout Central that's B2B and lists many businesses that deal in bulk. I'm not recommending it here by the way as I know nothing about it. Just thought that may interest you. http://www.closeoutcentral.com/

13. Scottypops

Scottypops
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should try to sell your clothes at a consignment store.

14. deRadian

deRadian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ebay is the best way for this kind of stuff.