Google, Yahoo, Microsoft eye buying Hulu

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by GekiDan, Jul 2, 2011.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Source: http://www.gmanews.tv/story/225126/technology/google-yahoo-microsoft-eye-buying-hulu

Hmm... Who do you prefer to get Hulu?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, interesting. I would prefer Google to get it :)

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since Hulu is not available to our place, hopefully, the buyer could make it available so we could stream tv shows legally.

4. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very interesting article Dan. I honestly prefer Google not to get it. They already have YouTube. No need to monopolize a monopoly that already exists in my opinion. I really hope that Yahoo get its, as long as they don't ruin it. Yahoo! needs some more things rolling in for it to compete. However, more than likely Microsoft or Google will take it. I'm predicting Microsoft seeing how they already have numerous connections with it already. Just my opinion though.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hulu, is not available to me, because I don't live in the US. Hopefully whoever gets it will expand the service to Europe and internationally. My personal opinion is that online services owned by Google are much more professional and user-friendly than those owned by Yahoo or Microsoft. For example, IMO the Google search engine is much better than Yahoo or Bing and Gmail is much better than Yahoo mail or Hotmail.

6. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's very true Fergal. I wouldn't mind if Google took it over since everything they do do is pretty much top notch. At the same time though, I would like it if another company would take it over and produce a similar "top notch" product more.