Google wants people to forget about link-building ?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Sam Him, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Sam Him

Sam Him
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google may be the search giant but it is still the people that make the web. Link building is the way most people believe they can dominate search engines.
    Earlier focus : On quantity
    then it turned to quality;
    And
    Current focus : Now Google says 'focus has to be on the website itself' .
    I have Read It With FABlog , many times i have participated in Search ranking Discussion on forum .
    One more point that Would like to highlight here i.e discussed with blog , Focus on overall web presence "Calling this link building as we know it would be entirely wrong. This way, it is in accordance to what Google wishes to do" .
    What your thoughts regrading current status of marketing business website and build back-links.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't see that there is any change in Google's policy based on your post? Google always advised that webmasters focus on quality and on building a site that would be valued by their users. Google always discouraged webmasters from building links artificially and placed more value on natural links.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I actually had a discussion similar to this with a prospect, who wanted to set up a linking program, then do the on-page optimization of their site. Their thinking was without links, the on-page optimization would not help, because linking is the foumndation of Google's algorithm. I attempted to tell them that without on-page optimization, linking would not help. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Yes, linking is the foundation of Google's algorithm, but Google wants the most relevant and helpful websites to get ranked. So both linking and on-page optimization go hand in hand. In order to get ranked highly, you must first create a quality website that is valued by it's users, and then create and/or obtain quality links to it in order to raise your ranking.

4. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The author of the blogs states that we should focus on building quality links. That's it.

However, the mindset that circles the phrase "quality links" is far from reality and what Google really wants based on what I see from many of those "LINK BUILDERS" out there. In fact you can see lots of them in forums.

The thing that matters now is how you can build links that will target your "real audience" and sends them directly to your site and how you can convert them into sales, or whatsoever you call it.

5. adsystem

adsystem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for this informative post,I also want to know the latest SEO trends and what techniques are good for increasing the traffic.You post helps me a lot thanks.

6. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indirectly 'YES"

Reason: Whenever you create a link to get SEO benefit it's under "link schemes": https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en

As per my experience, Nude urls play a great role to get "Natural Links"

Google don't want to see "Link Building Psycho"

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry but I'm not familiar with that expression, what do "Nude urls" refer to?

8. saahil

saahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the way SEO agency has manipulated it by creating artificial link building, paid pr ranks
    it definitely is a good way to rather focus for user content - rankings will bound to come with good quality content

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Here's a better way to express your thought - "SEO agencies manipulate the rankings through artificial link building and paid pr ranks, so it's definitely better to focus on user content - rankings will come with good quality content".

Remember, this is an English language forum. It's not enough to simply know the words, you have to know how to properly put them together. Now, to critique the opinions expressed in your post:

Although quality content is a factor, by itself it cannot give a website high ranking. Links are still necessary, they just have to be obtained in a legitimate manner. Many SEO agencies do use "black hat" techniques, but there are agencies that create links in a manner that looks natural to the search engines.

10. platnumcn

platnumcn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did anyone find out about the NUDE URLs? And yes about Google, I believe that there was a point of time, when webmasters manipulated their websites by using artificial links, which is why I can say that Google was not always one of those, who promoted quality content. However, with time, the search engine realized that they have to curb on the artificial aspects and get more natural SEO strategies to come in by introducing strict rules. They wanted to make sure that programs like Adsense would bring in better results for their advertisers.

What do you think?

11. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think he is referring to plain URL links that do not use keywords as anchor text. Prior to Google Penguin most link builders wanted to use relevant anchor text for a link to help the target page rank higher for a specific keyword. Since Penguin, if you do that too much, your page gets demoted instead of ranked higher. So, one way around that demotion is to use these "nude URL's" or "naked URL's" where instead of using anchor text, you just link to the site using the URL. The old way of linking would be to link to a website using keywords like I am doing here for my favorite blog. A link like this - http://parttimeted.com would be considered a "naked link" because I didn't use any keywords.

• Like Like x 1
  12. scottbaird

scottbaird
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Based on latest algorithm changes, Google suggest create backlinks on authority websites. Before submission consider page rank of the website as well as domain authority. If you have a backlink from high PR and authoritative site then that backlink is consider to be beneficial for increasing Google ranking and Page rank.

13. adsystem

adsystem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you are right,But we also keep in mind one think when we try to getting the back links,change your anchor test text or diversify your text.

14. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't see Google's comments as being a shift in policy, but but just the continuing evolution of their overall goal to provide the most relevant searches to a user.

When Google first started, their algorithm was heavily weighted to the raw number of incoming links, but if you think about it it is clear that that was never the only consideration. If that had been the case, then a heavily linked-to site like Whitehouse.gov would turn up on largely irrelevant searches. That never happened because Google always used other factors such as page title, headings, and analysis of text on the page to rank results.

When a large number of webmasters and so-called SEO experts try to game the system by concentrating their efforts on a particular factor, as has been done for years with backlinks, those tricked up factors become less of an indicator of relevance for a search. As a factor loses relevance, Google is smart enough to tweak its algorithm to reduce the weight given to that factor.

The message through all of this is that in the long run the best way to rank at or near the top of the search engine results is to provide the best, most relevant information. Any effort to push your website ahead of a website with better, more relevant content is going to fail in the long run as Google's massive computer processing power allows it to get better and better at not only reading the words on a page but comprehending the meaning of those words taken as a whole.

• Like Like x 1