Google VS Twitter VS Facebook ADS

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Translations Cloud, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Translations Cloud

Translations Cloud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everybody,

I was thinking about promoting with Google Ads, Twitter ADS or Facebook ADS...

does anyone of you have experience with some of them? Which is better?
    Why should I choose one instead of another ?

Thanks for your time!

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I depends on what you are selling and to whom. If you are selling sink plungers then use adwords. If it's my little pony then maybe facebook. Twitter isn't that good for anything but you might find a niche.

3. JenniferJennifer

JenniferJennifer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, It is totally depends on your business products or services, then you can decide it what to do ? But I want to say that if you need instant leads then google ads is potential.

4. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is social media section and when you are saying google I assume it is google plus ads. In comparison to these three, facebook ads are more useful simply because facebook has most number of users who check their walls at least once a day.

5. Jennina Alvizo

Jennina Alvizo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there!
    It really does depend on what your business offers and the market you are targeting. But if you have to choose between the 3 you've mentioned above, I think the most workable one is Facebook ads. Why? Facebook ads has become very versatile since you are allowed to input specific information of the niche you want to reach.

For example, you can specify gender, age, location and what type of Facebook pages they like. Bottomline, it is very targeted. One thing you should keep in mind though is that when people visit Facebook they are not expecting to be bombarded with Marketing ads. So when you do create an ad make sure that the tone of voice (i.e. how you write the content on your ad) doesn't sound too "markety" or business-like.

Try your best to speak your target market's language. Be witty and interesting. This way, they'll notice your ad and it can increase your chances of gaining leads and conversions.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck!

6. Jessica Johansson

Jessica Johansson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think It is totally depend on your business products or services, If you are using all three paid ads then It will be very effective, If you want only instant business then google ads is potential.

7. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i have used my ad campaign for google and facebook so i can only tell you about these two and i have no idea about the twitter paid account campaign.
    Google ads and facebook ads are pretty much very helpful in case you are looking to increase traffic as long as the campaign is running.

8. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have used Google and FB ads with FB yielding me the most ROI. It will be better if you can let us know the niche you are going to promote...Twitter ads is not that useful if you are expecting sales from it.

9. Himanshu Kashyap

Himanshu Kashyap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, it depends on what you are selling and to whom. But according to me, Twitter ads are just useless if you want to sell something they are only for branding purpose. If you want to sell products then facebook ads can be very useful but if you are a service provider then go for Google's PPC.

10. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IF your products/services are B2C, you should try either facebook or twitter ads. To be honest, ultimately you should try all 3 for a decent amount of time and investment, from there you should be able to see which channel really helps. All channels have their pros and cons, e.g. Bing Ads, cheaper in CPC but lesser visitors comparing to Big G

11. Himanshu Kashyap

Himanshu Kashyap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    Depends upon your business if you wants to promote products and services then go for Google or Facebook ads but there is a very big difference between Facebook and Google ads. Let me explain this to you with an example: You want to sell phone and laptops accessories like charger, back covers, screen protector go for Facebook ads and if you want to sell laptops and mobiles go for Google ads. But Twitter is different in terms of advertising, if you want to sell products and services using twitter ads you are going to get little or no result because twitter is for branding not for marketing, if you want to make your own brand name then go for twitter ads with no doubt but if you are planning to do marketing then there is no point of spending money on twitter ads. That's the difference between Facebook, google and twitter ads.

#11 Himanshu Kashyap, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2017
  12. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have just started with Google Adwords! As far as I have heard Facebook ads are bit expensive that the Google adwords ads!

13. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google ads and FB ads are tier 1 traffic sources, so expect to get quality traffic only. I am not that aware of Twitter but it is less targeted as compared to FB and Google. Also, I haven't come across a single case study where a person has succeeded with Twitter ads.

14. Mia Edwards

Mia Edwards
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are carrying well budged for marketing, then I'll suggest you to go with Google AdWords as there you will get the filtered traffic. And if you are not carrying enough fund for marketing, then Facebook Ads are much better, however you will get filtered traffic, but you may get some good prospects as well.

15. mizzo453

mizzo453
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good question.. I have wondered myself.. read through the thread for some information. don't have much experience with these social media ads. I have just stared using FB groups however it seems people just use them to promote products. I would love to know the ratio of people in these groups who just join to promote to those that join to find a business or online opportunity

16. BlaZe

BlaZe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on what service/product you are providing. If you are targeting youngsters then go for Facebook Ads

17. Mike Levin

Mike Levin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As guys mentioned already, You definitely need to understand what exactly you need promotion for. If you are selling some goods or services, then Google and FB would be the best choice

18. J_Liu

J_Liu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like what I've been telling others, Facebook worked the best for me. It has a wide range of audience to target, to boost or the ads are considerably cheaper than the others.

19. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook advertisement is more better, Your promoted page/site can be liked by visitors and also they can post comment on your content and you can get a feedback.

If they will like your page then it will be more better for future. Whenever you will post any new update they will see it.

20. Sadiq Yousef

Sadiq Yousef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All of these are good. Google Ads is always my first priority. Facebook ads are also helpful for gaining more traffic.