Google update Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by marylucyking, Nov 1, 2010.

1. marylucyking

marylucyking
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google update Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=2304850557947867

main changes as following:
    * Glossary to define terms throughout the guide
    * Examples are illustrated with images that makes it much easier to comprehend.
    * Ways to optimize your site for mobile devices. Mobile searches seems to have conquered some space and this guide will get you introduces to doing your Mobile SEO.
    * Clearer wording for better readability
    * Links to additional resources as recommended by Google

addition: thank you for DiTesco from iblogzone who review "Google update Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide "

2. kathleenrivero

kathleenrivero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for posting this. Really helpful. It's complicated how Google works on its protocols, no one really knows exactly what they are, and knowing these stuff certainly helps SEO people like me. :)

3. David Messi

David Messi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't believe that some SEO experts in the industry still does not know what Google wants? Surely the people who knows Google secrets are not telling us because they want to keep their business profitable. For example, there are still many hot issues and debates about dofollow and nofollow, black hat and white hat, relevance of backlink niches vs high pr non-niche specific backlinks etc. How can these issues still be debated? Will these debates continue forever?

4. chixfashionz

chixfashionz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Google runs its own show and wants to stay ahead of the pack by retaining and withholding information on its algorithms etc. It might assist venture partners in some ways by providing guidance, but their game is domination in their field: not giving away their secrets!

5. StarkSEM

StarkSEM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Also based on the debate of who is providing the best stuff and why.

Or like sports... I'm better than you because.... No you're not, we're better because...

Same thing in SEO.

6. Greg-first

Greg-first
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think the experts shared valuable information for free? I don't think so. Experiment and you will know what is good for google.

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes, SEO can be really complicated when you don't give attention to the basics - which is mostly the core of debate over thousand of factors that Google.