Google to penalize "non-mobile friendly" websites?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by nowitscheaper, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nowitscheaper

nowitscheaper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. john14

john14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May be but I am not sure because million of websites available which are not mobile optimized if it is true then there will be huge demand for mobile websites soon

3. Hum Students

Hum Students
    uix_expand uix_collapse

dear mobile friendly websites would get good search rank in mobile search engine. and now a great number of visitors are from the mobile so if you want that your website get visitors from mobile also then you should have responsive website for the mobile version else you will loose a great number of visitors

4. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My one site is not responsive and in Google webmaster I have found error that Google has visited 50 pages of your site that are not mobile friendly. Please remove these errors. Further more they guided how to fix the errors

5. nowitscheaper

nowitscheaper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's great, good job, have you checked your site using PageSpeed Insights too? It will tell you hwo fast your website loads on mobile.

6. bonjoseph85

bonjoseph85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It has become necessary to have mobile friendly website or responsive website due to increase in mobile users all around the world. So I will suggest all the webmasters to make their website mobile friendly. It will increase the conversion rate from mobile devices. I don't know that Google will introduce any ranking algorithm for mobile, but you should have a mobile responsive website to get more sales.

7. quamz0

quamz0
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have noticed that all of the sites ranking well have a mobile site and have read about google penalizing sites that do not. Its clear that they must, 60% of all searches are mobile now! I'm a fool for waiting this long to optimize my site, the article references that 70 of people who search with a mobile device take action within an hour and 80 percent of people who don't find what they like will search for another site?! How many of those people would get turned off to a non-responsive site?! 50% of people said they would use a business less often if they didnt like what they found on the site! How many wont use your service at all if they hit your site? half of those? Thats 15% of your traffic just there. Not having a mobile site could be cutting down not only the people hitting your site(ranking) but could be causing up to 20-40% of the people that do to specifically not use you because of it!

8. JosephTramontana

JosephTramontana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

More than 50% users of internet are using mobile to browse internet. So its natural that google will reward mobile friendly sites and penalize non mobile friendly sites.

9. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's obvious that google would take such a step. There are too many people using mobile to browse the internet and if google ranks non-responsive websites, those people would start to use other search engines where they can find mobile friendly websites. Google wouldn't want to loose those searchers :D

Maybe google would start a seperate system for mobile searches but that would require more expense and time. But again, that's not a problem at the least for google. They have all the money :D

10. nowitscheaper

nowitscheaper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are absolutely right, and it has now been announced that Google will be introducing their mobile ranking algorithm on April 21st!

• Like Like x 1
  11. mandymovingandpa

mandymovingandpa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First one is your site must be responsive. Download time of your site should be minimum and it should be open on both mobile and desktop. Because at that time all people use internet on smart phones and if he/she open a site on mobile and it takes too time to open then they left the site and on another site.

12. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don’t think so. Google will not penalize websites which are not mobile friendly. Google will utilize mobile friendly factors in its mobile search results commencing from 21st April, 2015. Read the Search Engine Land post for more information - http://searchengineland.com/google-...-friendly-factors-app-indexing-ranking-215573

13. Modishfitt

Modishfitt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Due to this update of Google a lot of small businesses are going to have big losses. For many businesses that don't have mobile optimized sites this will result in losing their rankings.

#13 Modishfitt, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.