Google search question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by joy.linford, Oct 17, 2016.

1. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I have a WordPress website running and I have the situation when I'm searching on google a keyword from a post on the result I see the website name and the category, not the URL.

Any idea, how I could solve this and get the URL instead of category?
    Thank you !

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Can you give us an example of what your problem looks like? If I understand you correctly, instead of getting normal results , which would look something like this

you get results that look like this

With "Fido's Finest Dog Training" being the title, and "Dog Training Plano" being the category. I have no idea why or how you would be getting a SERP that doesn't look like the normal SERP, or why or how a Wordpress site would make a difference. Seeing the actual result you are getting, and knowing more details about the process you are using to get the strange results you are getting would help us solve the problem.

3. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe there is an issue with your WordPress plugin that you are using currently.
    Try to use another plugin for this issue.
    I think you get some resolution for this issue :)

4. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are using Yoast SEO, then it allows you to set everything related to SEO. Hopefully Google will then show it correctly.