Google results

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by scroozlewis, May 25, 2010.

1. scroozlewis

scroozlewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For a current project, for 3 particular keywords I am needed to push a link to the 2nd page of Google results. My client’s name and the company names are appearing on Google though they don’t have a website.

A govt website is coming in the first 10 results of Google for searching the keywords which contains a post about some legal issues against my client’s company. This is the reason my client wants me to push this link to the 2nd page of Google results. Blog optimization, Social Bookmarking, forum posting and all haven’t worked. Any advice on what can be done?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are no "guarantee" result in SEO world. What you can do is doing all those on-page and off-page SEO accordingly.

If you want to get better result, you need to get some backlink from .edu site, it helps a lot

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What you are looking to do scroozlewis is known as reputation management and it is becoming more and more popular. If you want to push those government links to the second page of Google, you need to give Google some good web pages that they can list on the first page. The Govt. Pages will only be moved down the rankings, if Google has content that they rank higher than it.

You should probably encourage your client to create a website or blog, with the keywords in the domain. They could even start with a free blog from Blogger.com, WordPress.com or Tumblr - in fact there would be no harm in creating a blog on each of them.

The next step would be to start building back links to the website or blog, using the keywords as anchor text. This thread should help you with that - Can someone share some link building tips ?

You may also be able to get social media profiles, with the keywords in the account name, to rank on the first page of Google. Similar to what you will do with the blog, create the social media profiles, then create some links to those profiles.

Another tactic you could use is the creation of Squidoo Lenses and HubPages that include the keywords. Again, you can get them ranked by building links to them.

I thought that for a long time, and you may be right. However, Matt Cutts from Google recently said that they don't give any greater relevance to links on .edu sites than links on pages with other domains.

4. Doblo7

Doblo7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi scroozlewis - I do agree with the above answers however you could always try the old-fashioned way and ask the moderators to remove the comments if they are unfounded or unfair to your client.

5. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not really. .edu domains tend to rank better as people target their searches with site:.edu and they tend to be known for certain niches. However, there are thousands of .edu domains which are outdated and really mean nothing. I'd prefer a Google.com backlink then a domain.edu any day.