Google Places

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by rudradhar, Aug 29, 2012.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there

I want to know how to remove pages from Google Places.

I had submitted my site to google places. But I lost my ranking for other keywords i.e nutrichoice and britannia nutrichoice. My current position for Britannia is 4th. But my other keywords are adversely affected.

2. Catalyst eMarketing

Catalyst eMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it's a valid business with lots of citations (listings on other sites) even if you delete it in your Google Places dashboard, Google won't delete the listing from maps or the search results Google thinks if the business is in the public records they have the right to show it.

But it does not sound like Places is the problem, but hard to say without more info.

3. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its didn't make any effect on your ranking. Its used for finding the place where your business exist only. Anyhow, if you want to delete then go to the Dashboard of the Google places and delete you present listing.

4. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone that has posted above is completely right. It has to be something on your end and not google place. I also dont think you can delete it.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google places strong influence local search, Google give more priority to rank local business. Register places can be deleted, but any user can create a new map, so delete places is not a wise choice.

6. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The keywords are not sustaining its original ranking as like earlier. This may be due to the recent Google penguin update and Panda update. The backlink which is pointing to that keyword is of low quality and might be affected by penguin. Just try to remove the low quality backlinks and try to add fresh content and link back to that keyword. Try to be practice only white hat seo tactics for your website.

7. malim

malim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google place does not effect on your ranking. It may be normal fluctuation.