Google places?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by 50Cent, Apr 18, 2011.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does anyone used it before? I heard you can put your website on the Google map for advertising and it is totally free.. But you will need to validate it with the postcard Google send to your house.

Anyone tried?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Google Places is for any business with an actual physical location. In addition to your business name and address, you can add a description of your business, your hours, and can even list specials if you like. The Google Places User Guide can be found here. Your listing is verified by either phone or a postcard sent to your business address.
    Like anything else on Google, there are rules that must be followed. For instance, your business name must incluse only the actual business name, and cannot include words or phrases designed to try and get a higher ranking. For the complete Google Places Quality Guidelines, click here.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i'm using it since long time ago for my business. That's kinda easy, you just need to input your business information, it required you to input your phone number for verification, they will call you or sms you the PIN number. And you just need to verify your company with the PIN number and your company will be listed

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

5. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I’m used it for increase my business. Fill all the information after filled out then Google randomly generate validation option, maybe it send post card or second Google calling for validation. They provide a PIN Number. Enter the PIN and Conform your Business Listing.

6. saniathomas

saniathomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very well explained

7. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As you become familiar with Google Places and update your listings on a regular basis, you'll discover hundreds of advantages for advertising your business through this free service.