Google Panda

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by stellaandreapark, Sep 5, 2011.

1. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys! Anybody been hit by Google Panda update? How did you recover?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thankfully my sites all contain unique content and hence they were not hit by the Panda Update. For those that have been hit by it, the best way to recover would be to add lots of quality unique content to your site.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my article directories were hit by panda that is why i close it for registration. have to figure out how to avoid users submitting same articles from their sites.

4. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah. That is the main problem of most internet marketers. How to avoid people pirating contents.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a question, how we can check a site is hit by Google panda?

6. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe its when your sites ranking decreases, also when your PR decreases. Am I correct?

7. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for reply, SERP and PR decreases could be due to many reason, I agree with you this could be one of the way to check it.

8. JamesScott

JamesScott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes my site is being hit by Panda, and the question is how did I recover my website? Yes I have removed those pages where I've found redid-ency and repeated keywords in content, and now my site is restored to the previous position in Google.

9. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont think you can restore the previous SERP position, thing you can do is quickly get the new content up and make link building to the new content, so that the new content can index much more faster and rank better. Whatever done is done, purposely remove those pages could make the situation worst.

10. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to recover from your site being affected by the Google Panda update is to first analyze why your rankings went down. Figure out exactly what you were doing that Google didn't like and fix those things. While it won't bring you back to your previous rankings it will help boost your rankings from what they are now.

11. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Made some tweaks on the pages and search if there are some dupes on every pages. But we're not that much affected by the update.

12. ykgforum

ykgforum
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My site also keep unique content this not hit by panda

13. Macros

Macros
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your site gets most of its search engine traffic from the US then you probably already know if you’ve been affected by Panda or not. With this guide you can see the details of the damage and learn how to analyze where problems might be

14. lizatailor23

lizatailor23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

It is a new algorithm announced by Google. Its aim is to fight against content farms (duplicate content website). My Friends website is already affected, so I came here to find solutions.

15. grow

grow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you've made a website with good content and a good user experience then you won't be hit by Google Panda. We haven't had any noticeable changes in traffic due to Google Panda. Stick to creating quality content and whitehat SEO and the updates won't affect you; after all, all Google wants is to give a list of the best, most relevant websites :)

To the person who asked if how do they know if they've been affected? Well if your website has seen a large decrease in traffic from Google then the update has hit you badly and you need to get your online marketing hat on :)

16. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great advice Grow!

How about seo strategy... what seo strategy do not work anymore because of the Panda update?

17. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Panda only applicable to old content. New unique content should be the solutions, make more links back to new content instead of old content. When a site majority with new content, a small portion of duplicate content will not harm a site.

18. chizcurlz

chizcurlz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most link farms had been hit by this Google Panda update. I suggest that you should continue to provide original and compelling articles as Google loves unique and relevant content.

19. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the reply guys. I have a bunch of sites and doing all I can so that I won't be hit on the next update.

20. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That isn't sure that you won't get hit in the next update as because, Google changes there Algorithms more recently and sometimes some or other new Algorithm won't allow your site to rank up. It is never sure what will happen to your site in Google.