Google Panda hit my site rankings. How to retain my keyword ranking?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by borgninestallone, Apr 9, 2013.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

My site rankings goes down steadily because of many changes that happening in Google algorithm.

Initially i am using article submission, directory submission, social bookmarking, web 2.0 submission, profile listing, forum participation as off page optimization techniques in building backlinks for my website. And the keywords are also in top 5 in Google.com.

After the panda update, my site rankings goes down. Still i am using the same off page techniques which i used earlier for ranking my site. But this time the keywords instead of improving it goes steadily down. There is a major drop in my site rankings. Also, there is a google dance when i check for site keywords. It keeps on changing its position day by day. But with no improvement in keyword position.

I was very much worried, that even after doing these off page my site keywords not come up in search engines.

Please give me your suggestion that whether these off page what i am focusing helps or not in ranking my site. Or else i need to follow any other strategies in getting my site keywords back in top.

what about your site rankings? How do you feel on this.

Thanks

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Where do you add the content? Only on article sites? You need to go guest posting and add content on your site as well. You did not mention social networking. IF you are not working on these things then you need to start asap.

3. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used to submit new article every week in free article submission websites. i will get around 20 approved links from those article submission websites. I have used the same content in doing few top web 2.0 sites. I have not practiced any guest posting as you said.

Also, i try to list my company profile in top business listing sites and add my profile in social networking sites. There by i add my site links in both.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Why are you only submitting articles to article submission sites? What sites are you using? Have you tried participating in, or starting, discussions in the social networking sites? Do you have a blog, hosted on a different server than your website? Do you have anything newsworthy to write about that can be put in a press release? I find it very interesting that you state your site rankings went down after the Panda update, yet you are still using the same techniques you used before the Panda update. and wondering why your site's rankings are not improving. You are doing something wrong, don't do it anymore.

5. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to add content to your website and on your blog as well like joeroxx said. And simply making a profile in social networking sites would be of no help. You need to build a community and share your content with them which would be shared by them as well. This would get you traffic and help rank your keywords. Only doing Article submission won't help you need to add content to better places as well.

6. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Panda update happened a while ago, I suggest you to focus on offpage activities only to get quality backlinks, not for quantity.

7. alok897

alok897
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google update panda to improve quality of search result and it is mostly related to content quality of website so if your website hit by panda than check for your website content and if it is duplicate than remove all this content to fresh and unique content.

8. charleisol

charleisol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

recently google panda's 25th update came out in march mid but what was it effect. anyone has any idea?

9. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It was just a refresh and only over 1% of the queries were affected.

10. Robin Williams

Robin Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many websites have been hit by this Panda thing and I am sure everyone else is struggling to retain their ranking against this. I would recommend rewriting your content as Panda hits only because of duplicate content. There is one more thing check all the redirection if some page is having canonical issue, the fix it with 301 redirect.

11. charleisol

charleisol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

update content of your website and do not go into spam backlinking for your keyword

12. lyndawass

lyndawass
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should doing your off-page activities in proper way.

13. john345

john345
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Improve your web content quality and build back links to high PR and high authority websites to increase your website as well as keywords ranking in search engines again.

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Could you be more specific about what is considered "the proper way"? What activities, that have not been mentioned before, should the OP be doing?

15. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your concern about link building is very intense. I think that's the reason why you forget to improve the site itself. Remember ranking factors don't rely on links alone. You should always remember that. Panda focuses on contents. Maybe there are things that raised a red flag in Google's eye more than your link profile does.

Take a look at first your website and see if there's something that needs to be improved. For link building aspect, there are lots of promotional methods that you can use. Those you mentioned are all lost their values.

You might want to look at this post for some link building references. I tried some of it and it worked just fine.

http://pointblankseo.com/link-building-strategies

16. alexpaul265

alexpaul265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to back in ranking then you have to remove your submission and also work on your website content. remember do not submission in bulk.