Google Nexus 4

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Jay., Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good friend of mine is about to buy the Google Nexus 4. It seems a great price for the features you get, which arguably rival the best phones on the market. Before he commits to it, I thought I'd ask you guys if you have any feedback on the phone? Generally the reviews online seem to be positive, but I'd appreciate your views (especially if you've had experience with this phone).

One of his worries is it may actually be TOO big.

Your thoughts on this phone please?

2. Marc

Marc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's only cheap (unlocked) if you purchase it directly from Google Play.
    I heard its call volume isn't the best (however, it's still good), and its internal storage (I.S.) space will run down before you can say "microSD card" (not literally).

It's a powerful phone (heck, it sells out fast at Google Play), but they should have a 32GB (or higher) I.S. capacity model available, since it does not have a microSD card slot.

If your friend has a little extra $$$, he should wait to see what Samsung says tomorrow at the "Galaxy S IV" event.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a good phone overall. The price is low compared to other competing smartphones and the support with Android is great. If you are just concerned about the size then it's not too much to handle. It can fit easily onto one's palm.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sadiyakhan

sadiyakhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also want to buy Nexus 4 but don't such interesting facts provides above, I normally refer the review but here i got the fruitful information in short and sweet manner. But i did not get the meaning of term unlocked. I am not famalier with term perhaps it is one of them.
    So will somebody explain me what in fact it is?

5. Ashwani Kataria

Ashwani Kataria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

6. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cheers guys, great feedback. He was looking at the deal via the Play Store since it was in stock. I think he's pretty set on the phone and I must say they look good (especially for that price).

Unlocked as in, not locked to any particular network. You can put any sim into it and start using it. (If you bought a phone directly from Orange, it would be locked to their network and a 3 sim wouldn't work in it).

• Like Like x 1