Google launches a Small Business Blog

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Kay, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting. I'm sure this will go as well as Google's 5 or so other blogs.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There's not much content on it yet, but it's good to see Google doing that for small business owners. I've bookmarked it and will check it occasionally to see if they have added useful content. I also notice that Google are using it to promote the benefits of their AdWords service, good for them - Always Be Closing :)

4. Shole

Shole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lucky i wish i hade google adsense :S and earn like him XD

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you'd like an Adsense account, why don't you have one?

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now that I see their post today about partnering with the US government's Small Business Administration, I'm guessing that's maybe why this blog came about. Perhaps the intention is to use it to promote the Tools for Online Success program.

7. ronalde.barron

ronalde.barron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its really great information that Google is providing business blog for all kind of business persons either new business starter or who need to improve and grow their actual business.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There are three posts on the blog so far and all three of them promote Google services, as opposed to providing useful information to small business owners. Hopefully that will change and we will begin to see some good content published there.

9. jacobbon

jacobbon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hope this blog provides some nice & advance features than the present google blog services. As Google is always known for innovations so the expectations are really high

10. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We'll have to assume that it's an effort to show small businesses how to blatantly market their own products and upsell at every opportunity :p A valuable lesson for all.

Have to agree. Very disappointed with the content to date. There are already numerous excellent resources available for SME's (or SMB's depending on your location) to pick up valuable information on the various Google products, but having a single resource where users know that the information is honest/valid and targeted specifically at that market would/should have been a huge plus. Hopefully it improves with time and the information focuses more on the benefits for the reader and less on the benefits for google.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good point, it's the ABC of sales, always be closing :)

I hope so too, as it stands at the moment it is a very poor quality blog and it reflects badly on Google.

12. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm really disappointed in it so far too. I expected better of Google. Up till now there's been nothing to write home about. It's just been another platform for self-promotion to date. I hope they get their act together soon or this will die a death before it even gets off the ground.

13. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I've just had a look at the whole page, and it's very much naked promotion of Google.

Is this to create suspense in us all to wait for the real meaty, substantive info.

Are Google applying Agatha Christie tactics to the world of business blogging.;)

14. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure if I view this as a positive move or if they're simply overly complicating things for people, but they've now released an Adwords Small Business Centre.

This all appears to be a rehash of their normal adwords material (which is good to be fair), just a little odd on how they've chosen to rehouse much of it like this. The cynic in me sees it as a simple rebranding/reformatting of the material as a sales pitch at small businesses, but if it helps those same small businesses in the long run... it has a decent end result.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

16. johnrobertusa

johnrobertusa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I read that blog.That blog have excellent information about adsense and adwords..I know it from here.Thanks for sharing it..

17. blackhawk12

blackhawk12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its really an impressed news that Google introduced a separate business blog for small business. Hope this will be very much useful in posting our blogs and in sharing our views and ideas more.

18. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse