Google Keyword Tool or Google Keyword Planner?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Constantin, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google started displaying the following message several days ago on its Keyword Tool's page:

Has anybody been using Keyword Planner? Is there a major difference between the two?

2. platnumcn

platnumcn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I havent used it as of now. So, I cant comment either. However, I would like to know more about it.

Has anyone used it in BAF? Will it be a bit different than Keyword Tool? Will Google Keyword Planner be as effective as Google Keyword Tool?

3. investormart

investormart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am listening first time about keyword planner and please share information about this.....

4. bethw

bethw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google's AdWords Keyword Tool allows marketers to see which keywords to focus campaigns on, but it's going to be replaced soon by the Keyword Planner that will only show historical stats for exact matches.

5. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword planner is a good tool from Google, this tool will be a replacement of Keyword tool. I liked this tool because it provides you the search volume in terms of city, country and global.

In this tool you would not be able to see broad or phrase Search Volumes. This tool provide only Exact search volume of keywords.

If you want to use this tool you should be logged in to google account.

6. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard keyword planner first time and have not used it before, maybe I should have a try. Hope it as useful as google keyword tools.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In the Keyword Tool, you can find keywords based on a word or phrase related to your website content. In the Keyword Planner, you have three options:

1. Search for keyword and ad group ideas
    2. Enter keywords to see how they perform (Like in Traffic Estimator)
    3. Multiply keyword lists

The first is similar to the old Keyword Tool. Enter your product or service, your URL, and your category, then target and customize your search if you wish, then hit submit. the second is similar to the Traffic Estimator. Enter a group of keywords, target a location if you wish, and click "get estimates". Contrary to what bethw and rudrahar said, Broad Match is the default, but you can specify Exact Match or Phrase Match if you like - the planner shows you how. The third "Multiply lists" allows you to combine two different lists to create keyword variations, and then get the traffic estimates for each variation.

Rudrahar is correct about one thing - you do need to be signed in to your Google account to use it.

• Like Like x 1