Google is not God : The Basic Lesson in SEO

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by safame20, Jul 17, 2013.

1. safame20

safame20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google is not God : The Basic Lesson in SEO

View attachment 1742

I was working late at night and banging my head against my laptop fighting against the changing algorithms of google when wife called me and asked me what the problem was? I tried to explain to her the google madness for maybe the 1000th time. She was sleepy and just said the four words “Google is not God” a chance remark by her but it changed the way I looked at Google and SEO forever.

Sometime in our SEO efforts we get so carried away that we do not realize that everything we are doing is to make google happy. Sometimes it seems that our whole efforts revolve around pleasing Google. Many people will say it is the best approach as google is the king of search engines. If you can get your site on top of google for particular keyword you can get a lot of traffic and traffic means money right. Google might not be god but it certainly rules the internet.

I am not disagreeing with you all but still Google is not God. What is google? It is basically a search engine (nowdays it is much more with its intelligent apps and various products) but for our seo perspective it is an intelligent search engine.

what does a search engine need for it to remain popular?

A search engine feeds on content which people click and search and would like to come to it again and again.

Change your Focus:

If you can shift your focus from google to people you can write, design and make websites which are unique and search engine friendly you have no need to impress google. It will be impressed by you and you will be a better SEO expert.

What is the problem with Google Worship Approach ?

When designing your websites for a particular search engine we often ignore many things that we would not have if the website or blog was made for people. How many times have we seen poor designs just to impress a particular search engine. Even google does not like this. Its Panda Update throws a hammer on websites which are just replicating and generating no unique content. Here are some more problems when you are designing for a search engine.

Constant updates to Algorithms : Every time in order to enhance the search experience of the user search engines change their algorithm. You might be finding yourself at the top of the world and an update brings you to the bottom.

Search engines are getting more and more clustered: As more and more websites are designed each day it has been difficult to find good keywords. So a system of finding long tail keywords has developed while the short and exact keywords are taken by bigger sites and the sites with authority.
    It is difficult for newer websites to rank well: Newer sites do not have high social presence or quality links so it takes time for them to build reputation in the web world. You might have very good and unique content or product but it takes its time to find a proper market.

I know reputation and website authority can be build by a proper Seo expert over time but with constantly changing rules how long will it remain. So the best way to design websites is to design them for people and then apply SEO techniques by thinking like a search engine. It is amazing how google’s intelligent search engine can pick original websites and rank them high for even prominent keywords.

Building websites for people and applying SEO by thinking like a search engine has major advantages over the earlier approach. Some of them are.

1. People like original content and products

2. Search engines like websites or blogs offering original content

3. Change of algorithms have less effect on unique and people oriented website. As it is already popular and the amount of traffic a particular website is getting is one of the crucial factors in ranking of websites.(Again thinking like a search engine what will you say I had better not disturb this website it is popular and gets lot of traffic and it is good for me as a search engine).

Summary: The basic rule of SEO think and care for people and think of google as a search engine. When your focus shift you will be designing a better site and performing better search engine optimization. Remember Google is not God.

Admin: Saurabh Gupta ([email protected])

blog: xowned.com/blog

(You are free to distribute this article as a free report or on your website without making changes to its current form and provided a link is given to our website)

2. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This post is very interesting. It contains very good points related to SEO and especially I liked your title "Google is not God". Thanks for sharing your knowledge in such an interesting way.

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen this post somewhere too. I don't know the origin author of this post but the way to beat Google is SEO. Nothing is impossible until you try it.

4. Sourcing Agent

Sourcing Agent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

interesting post, I am learning things. Thank you.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I believe that that was the original author's point - SEO is NOT the way to beat Google. Actually, beating Google is not the point either. When designing the content of your website, design to make it appeal to the visitor, to provide them with what they are looking for. Then, and only then, should SEO principles be applied.

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The author of this thread explains SEO is NOT the way to beat Google accordance to you. But I think without SEO, a website will be useless. What's the use when your website isn't visible? You have contents but people aren't getting it. There are like thousands of sites offering same services. To come in the front line, SEO is the best way.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I stand by my original post. Remember, I sais that beating Google is not the point. The OP's point is that websites that are designed primarily with SEO in mind are trying to "beat Google" - and that's not what they should be doing. You are right without SEO, You can't "come in the front line", but your website should be designed with the user experience as a priority. Then you should apply SEo principles in order to bring a quality website to the "front line".

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You do SEO not to beat Google, but to make online users find what they are looking for through your website. You do SEO for USERS, not for Google and their bots. There's no such thing as beating Google though. They are a SEARCH ENGINE - unless you are also a search engine trying to compete with them.

Many people are misled with the real concept of SEO and Google, not sure why.

9. tylerjackson81

tylerjackson81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People do SEO not to beat Search engines. They do for their customers. when users want something they searched online.