Google is confusing me

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by kpkarthik, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From past two days i has been checking the keyword ranking for my target keywords of the website.Initially it was showing some good ranking position for my keywords.But after some time it some of the keyword's ranking position totally changed.Why is it happening?Why Google is confusing me?

2. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OOH many explanations; choose one at your will :)
    Algorithm updates
    "Research and Development" (they try to figure out how User behaves: which site has more UX points from Google's point of view; some kind of feedback) Accordingly they vary the order "randomly" if former no3 performs better or not?
    Maybe you hit Google from different IP / local settings and so you got different results. (eg: using mobile it is possible to give you new IP frequently and that may be assigned another geographical territory...

3. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes SEO is changing rapidly. Nowadays it is not just about links. In my opinion people are still struggling to understand what Google want from us.

4. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, It might be some Google algorithmic updates. Check your webmaster by going to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ and then to Search Traffic> Manual Actions and check is their any warning coming? or it is showing "No Manual WebSpam Actions Found"

5. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is most likely because of Google Penguin 3.0. The latest iteration of Penguin started rolling out some 24 days ago and it is still rolling out slowly. This was confirm by Google’s John Mueller in a video hangout on Google+. The first question was about Penguin, and John Mueller said, “As far as I know, the whole data is still rolling out slowly.” Penguin targets sites deemed to be spammy, especially those found in violation of Google’s guidelines about linking. In other words, it targets low quality, irrelevant, spammy, keyword stuffed and other such suspicious backlinks.

Here is the link to the hangout: plus.google. com/u/0/events/ckmbsnmb6c2qtl19idlb166mtu4
    You can see the question and answer record 35 seconds into the video.

To know more about Penguin: searchengineland. com/google-releases-first-penguin-update-year-206169

You ranking might stable once the roll out is finished.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Sorry, I had to put space between the links as this forum was not allowing me to post the links even though these links are from news site and Google Plus.

6. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google has launched Penguin update at that time and this may be because of same reason that you are seeing bouncing results for your website. There may be possibility of penalty as well.

7. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its totally wrong in saying that Google is confusing some body. Practically what happens is there are a lot of websites and basically in order to match up with the requirement, Google choose the best website among all of them and based on a various factors, the ranking does matter a lot.

8. glennmartin

glennmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Today lots of algorithms which Google updates day by day. By which you see change in the keywords ranking.. Not worry we do those works which really true.

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Were you logged in when you first check the rankings of your site, wherein your keywords show a high ranking positions? If yes, then it could be that the time you checked your rankings you seemed to lost a lot of positions because that time you are logged out.

Use google ad preview tool when checking for your actual rankings.

Aside from that, it could be that your keywords got a jump in rankings due to their latest Penguin update then came back to their necessary positions when the roll out was complete.

Regards,
    Mark

• Like Like x 1
  10. mwaraitch

mwaraitch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google is changing the algorithms, and I think some people do take benefits and wait for the latest updates, so that they can get more better ranking. As we all mostly do the negative SEO and against the google webmaster guidelines and when new algorithms comes we loose our ranking. So my suggestion is follow the latest rules, stick with your website and make changes, update it regularly, build reputation and move on....

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.