Google indexing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by georgelukie, Jul 7, 2010.

1. georgelukie

georgelukie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For quite some time, I am trying to get my site listed on Google. However, I am having troubles in this. I do not understand what I should do in order to have my site indexed by Google. The keywords for which I am planning to do Google indexing are not very competitive. I also checked my rival’s site, but I did not understand what they have done to be on the 1st position. I would also like to have it for my site. Well, I haven’t done any SEO work till now. Do you think that’s the reason for not getting listed on Google?

2. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is your site all about, if I may ask? We may be able to help give you more substantial insights if we had some more specific details.

Cheers.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One way to get your site indexed is to get a link to your site on a web page that is itself indexed by Google. You can also Add your URL to Google here.

4. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey georgelukie, you could use what's outlined on this thread to get your site quickly indexed by Google.

Besides this, here are a few other things you can do:

1. If your site is a blog submit your RSS feed to various feed agregators. You can find a list of them here.
    Note: If your site isn't a blog, create a blogger blog with the same name, post some content with a link to your website. Then submit the RSS feed.

2. Submit your site to social bookmarking sites. You can use onlywire or you can do it yourself through social marker.com or socialmarking.com.

3. Post comments on other blogs, preferably high-traffic and high-PR blogs that offer do-follow links.

4. Write articles and submit to article directories, with a link to your website in the bio box.

5. Do these on page SEO ( some people say it isn't necessary but I can tell you IT WORKS):
    a) Keywords in the Title tag
    b) Keywords in your domain name(if possible)
    c) Keywords in h1 headline
    d) Keywords in the first and last paragraphs (and also a few times along your text content)
    c) I also use this on my websites(between the <head></head> tags):

<meta name="keywords" content="your keywords">
    <meta name="description" content="A description of your website including your main keyword.">

5. xanderlangley

xanderlangley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Other than the tag optimization you should verify yourself as the site owner using google webmaster tools plus you need to submit you site url to sites like yahoo directory,dmoz etc.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

As Fergal mentioned, you can submit your site to Google yourself. Then, take junglekid's advice concerning your keywords(step 5 in his post). Once that's done, you can then follow steps 3 and 4 in Junglekid's post, with a couple of changes. When you write articles, use your keyword(s) in the articles, and make each keyword a link back to your site. Then submit them to networking sites such as LinkedIn, Digg, StumbleUpon, and others. You can also create a signature for forums such as this one, using one of your keywords as a link to your site.
    Unfortunately, there is no easy fix. Getting to page 1 for your keywords will take time and patience, and when you get to page 1, you'll have to keep working to stay there.