Google Hummingbird update

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by rudradhar, Sep 27, 2013.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now not only the words but meaning shall also be given importance. It has enhanced the voice search too. I was reading about humming bird and the name has rightly been associated.

3. VishalBhatt123

VishalBhatt123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can this update affect any SERP ranking of your keyword? Can anyone explain this?

4. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Vishal, I suppose you need to work on keywords again. Keyword planner should use this algorithm while suggesting addgroups and keywords.

5. SPYINDIARAHUL

SPYINDIARAHUL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Humming bird

hello guys i want to know everything about humming bird

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar threads merged.]

7. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Panda, Penguin and now Hummingbird, I think this major algorithm will do serious changes. :)

8. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to change my statement, actually this Humminningbird update has already arrived. Past month only they updated their entire Search System. Few days back only Google announced this officially.

9. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That means it has already done the things? I am still on Google SERP best keywords results for my site. Thanks that it didn't affect. :)

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If you haven't been affected by previous updates, Hummingbird should not affect your website. It is essentially a souped up version of their previous algorithm. It uses parts of the old algorithm and makes them better, and adds some newer parts to make it more accurate. You can now ask a question, rather than using a keyword phrase, and get a more accurate answer. For instance, instead of using the keyword phrase "buy android phone", you can now ask "What's the best place to buy an android phone?" and Google will know to give you results for stores you can go to. More information can be found here.

You can start by following the link in my post above, and/or the OP's original post. For future reference, please do not post a single sentence - give a little information about what prompted the question.

11. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

This is simply one more reason to improve your content. The search engines will continue to improve their ability to deliver the best answers to a search inquiry. If you provide worthless content in the hope of snagging some easy money, your sites will continue to fall in the rankings and your traffic will fall right along with it. You need to give the people what they are looking for.

12. jennifer1234

jennifer1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing in information, but i want know that what is actual update in link building process.

13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

There is, as far as we know, no specific update to the link building process. If you have been following Google's Webmaster Guidelines, and doing things the way you're supposed to, the "Hummingbird" update will not have a detrimental effect on your rankings. If not, the spammy link building techniques that some use still will not work.

14. ndirect

ndirect
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check out Hummingbird here - http://searchengineland.com/google-hummingbird-172816,

I wouldn't worry about the update just yet if your traffic has been untouched right now, you probably survived the update, but still it's good to read as much as you can about it!

15. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The update is basically aimed at improving search results quality by handling long and detailed queries in a better manner. And to make search better on smartphones and tablets which use voice for search.

It does not have much impact if any on rankings.

16. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Rahul! I would try to put maximum details here. First we must know what this Humming bird is all about. This bird is known for its peculiar features. These birds are very fast while flying and can be compared to larger birds. Also, while flying high and fast they can change the direction to backwards with the same speed. When asked to Google why this name? they said, "for being fast and precise". When Google search was started years ago, it only used to give preference to keywords. more keywords on page and higher were the chance of listing ur site on the first page with good rank. This gave birth to spamming and unethical practice by many seo people, so they updated the algorithms and keywords were not the sole criteria. relevancy, domain authority, no duplicity of content, user friendliness e.t.c. became important. Till a month's before after u put a keyword, the site of a leading company used to be served earlier. say u entered toothpaste in Google and a leading toothpaste company's site used to come on top. now the Google will talk about toothpaste in totality. the use of it content of it and all details that talk about toothpaste will be served now. also if u r logged in to your Gmail and ur position is recognized then the service provider's, who is near to your location, details will be served. Now, the search as a whole is improved a lot. Google will return with most relevant pages now. in short we can say, "Humming bird is a soul to the search process".

17. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hummingbird is not designed to affect keyword rankings (Just like any other Algorithm updates). It only improves how Google responds to complicated queries especially long questions.

18. Adithi Rao

Adithi Rao
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Hummingbird is paying more attention to each word in a query, ensuring that the whole query – the whole sentence or conversation or meaning – is taken into account, rather than particular words. The goal is that pages matching the meaning do better, rather than pages matching just a few words.

19. Deepi

Deepi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Humming Bird- Latest algorithm launched by Google

Recently, Google has been released new algorithm 'Humming Bird'. This is major update of Google algorithm after penguin,panda and other updates. Due to changes your site is affected or not?

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar threads merged!]