Google has released a beta of the Chrome 14 web browser

Discussion in 'Apps & Software' started by sigma, Aug 17, 2011.

1. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google has released a beta of the Chrome 14 web browser incorporating its Native Client (NaCl) framework that was first unveiled in a developer preview of Chrome in 2009, positioning it for a debut with the release of Chrome 14 in September. NaCl is a technology that makes it possible for C or C++ code to be compiled into a binary that is executed by supported browsers--regardless of the underlying operating system. Equally important perhaps is how compiled NaCl binaries can be called from JavaScript, allowing for higher performance that can be integrated into JavaScript applications.

As reported by Ars Technica, "NaCl makes it possible for Web applications to use high-performance native code instead of JavaScript for computationally-intensive operations."

The lengthy delay to NaCl has been attributed to the technical challenges of the sandboxing mechanism essential to maintaining a lid on the security front. It is understood that the issues have since been addressed, and NaCl now offers 64-bit x86 support as well as experimental ARM compatibility.

In addition, Chrome 14 will support HTML5 audio, more OS X Lion features and the encryption of synced items such as bookmarks, extensions and passwords.

source: http://www.fiercecio.com/techwatch/story/native-client-debut-google-chrome-14/2011-08-16

Anyone already try the chrome 14 beta version? wish to heard some ffeedback

• Like Like x 2
  2. zaccolbert

zaccolbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i still prefer Firefox :p

3. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have switch myself from Firefox to Chrome, the most attractive part is their web store, the cross over super mario game is really amazing. Chrome is always make the browser more interesting.

I still using chrome 13 will try it later on, thanks for sharing.

4. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I found Firefox to be quite sluggish so I switched to Chrome a couple of years ago. I am currently using the Dev release of Chrome (15.0.849.0)