Google gives more importance on social media?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by apexis, Jul 12, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google gives more importance on social media?
    I think Google gives more importance on Social Media website, because Google also launched his Social website Google+. So its say share your website information on social media website and get good ranking and traffic results in Google.

2. fashionjewelry

fashionjewelry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social networking sites of the average user experience degree is higher

3. raksha

raksha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Yeah,Social media is really a good part of good qualitative traffic.Moreover,Google gives importance to each and every aspect.

thanks.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google has changed everything till we all have to use adwords..anyway, it Reminds me to use google + .

5. trickvogas

trickvogas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, google gives importance to social media. Social media in one of the most important part for get traffic.

6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Google certainly uses links from social media in its algorithm. No one except the Google engineers really knows what weight they give to those signals. I suspect it is not as great as some people think because it is too easy to manipulate the system. For $5 on Fiverr, you can get thousands of links. Google is certainly smart enough to discount those links and perhaps even penalize the sites that get them.

7. jamestylor

jamestylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friend very topic really i like this post and here i am sharing some importance about this topic....

Social media marketing is the fact that it will allow you to discover your customers’ preferences so that you will be able to act based on what they want.
    Social media channels are also responsible for generating a highly powerful traffic for your site.

Thanks for..

8. marry

marry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes this is true. I think Google loves Social Media sites.

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They released G+ to make a more personalized search and may reduce possible spammy SERPs on users who use their account / G+ accounts.

10. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In those days, I think Google gives more importance to social media. I really like to go through with Social Media.

11. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm still reluctant to use google + though. I think they could use it to spy site owners and how blackhatters do their shady things :D i noticed that when i posted my link in google+, it also reveal the keywords i wanted to rank. I'm afraid they noticed it and probably will check my site manually :D

12. lray

lray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

G does look at social signals from social media sites. if people are talking a lot about company x on social media sites, then it's probably a high quality site and G's goal is the give people the "best" most relevant results. with increase of social media, it's necessary for G to look at these social cues in order to determine which sites should be ranking at the top.

13. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think because social media is more about content sharing that is why G is somewhat giving more weight on it than others.

15. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

16. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, absolutely along with the google other search engines yahoo, bing also. As in current time internet users have started massive use of social media platforms and in fact google has started its own social media site google plus.

17. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social signals are important but backlinks still worth in ranking this is Matt says this.

18. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I doubt if the google keep on focusing other social networking sites in result.As facebook is its competitor,there will be time it will omit most of the results from it if G+ run with success.Moreover I find it good enough focusing in wiki pages instead.

19. shyamshankarvj

shyamshankarvj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes not only google and also yahoo, bing other search engine is given 1st preference is in social media site like facebook, myspace, g+, technorati, .....

Cheers!!!

20. LiquidServe

LiquidServe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yup, the more the users +1 your link on Google Plus the better your site ranking gets on Google. Seeing this market trend I decided to get a +1 pack from fiverr, but that guy was a scammer over there so neither did I get +1 nor did I get my money back. I was recently advised by my friend to join seoclerks and thats the place where I got the genuine +1 from. I am lucky enough to get my site ranked on top for a competing keyword. :)