Google Declares The Death Of Autoblogging

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by junglekid, Jan 14, 2011.

1. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's official now, directly from the Google:

" We don’t allow sites with auto-generated or otherwise unoriginal content to participate in the AdSense program. This is to ensure that our users are benefiting from a unique online experience and that our advertisers are partnering with useful and relevant sites. "

The original post can be found here.

I believe this will affect thousands of people with websites based on scraped content and over-used PLR content.

Most autoblogs certainly may fall into this category, but what about news syndicated content or sites with specific aggregated content like real estate listings, job offers, amazon product feeds?

It seems after banning thousands of Adwords accounts Google will start disabling millions of Adsense accounts for violating their TOS and guidelines.

What do you think about?

PS: Why should this happen right now, when I've just started my first autoblog?:eek: (I'm going to share this experiment with BAF members in a few days.)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I'm glad that they are taking a harder line on auto blogging. Those sites don't really add much to the web IMO. We've had content scraped from BAF and I'd be happy to see people who do that penalised in some way.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finally. Thank you Google!
    I myself is a victim of auto-blogging. And there's one auto-blog that ranked higher on some search engine listings than mine, where the original content came. I'm really glad they finally have done a move against these lazy guys...

4. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great News for me too as well, Auto Blogging snatch the credit from blogger who use time and resources to write something that tickles the mind ....It will help a genuine PR ranking for blogs with original content and will also be a treat to visitors as they can get some information with more creativity..

5. angelachristen

angelachristen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its really a good new and thanks for sharing :)

6. bulkybo

bulkybo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"We don’t allow sites with auto-generated or otherwise unoriginal content to participate in the AdSense program. This is to ensure that our users are benefiting from a unique online experience and that our advertisers are partnering with useful and relevant sites."

This is a great news for google, many thanks for this thread!

7. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally good news for bloggers and webmasters, although it doesn't say "autoblogging" is against Google's rules (eg. blackhat SEO is against Google's rules); it's just for adsense, so autobloggers would probably just find other ways of publishing ads and making money through other ad networks.

8. Celene Harrelson

Celene Harrelson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is good news for sure. Auto blogs give us all a shady reputation. Good riddins to bad rubbish!

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Google obviously profits from sites that publish Adsense ads, when these autoblogs no longer have Adsense, Google will no longer be profiting from them. Perhaps the fact that Google are disapproving of them in some way will mean that they will be less likely to rank them highly in the search engine result pages?

10. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This could be the case, although I have seen a few autoblogging sites and I never found them through Google, rather Twitter and on forums, so even if they do not rank as well, middle sized to established autoblogs may not have a great fall in people viewing their sites.

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's an autoblogging site that gets feeds off my blog. And the bad thing here is, that some posts of mine, in this autoblog, ranks higher than the original content posted on my blog. :(

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good point David, as you say there are sites that don't depend on Google for their traffic. At least some of them will have received their initial traffic from Google and then established a brand of sort.

GekiDan, do you plan on taking action against that auto blog, like you did in the past on a different blog?

13. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's very unfortunate. I believe you can make a dispute claim with the host because they are technically using/publishing your content without your permission.

14. DaveScotford

DaveScotford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here here! There's no reason that people should be allowed to set up a site, whack a few ads on there and just walk away while the site makes money for them with no effort. It's not a proper business and shouldn't be seen as such. So well done to Google. :)

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I plan to, but since it's a blog with it's own domain name, I don't know what to do.
    So far, I have contacted the owner through the contact page but I haven't received any response.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

GekiDan you can find out who hosts the blog (by using a site like http://www.whoishostingthis.com) and then contact the host, in a similar vain to how you contacted WordPress in the past. Good luck with it.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal. I'll try doing this later.

18. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fair enough for those who's working hard for their blog , some actually hget benefit from the hard works of others. So this idea of google is great.

19. DaveScotford

DaveScotford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not even an automated one? ;)

20. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You could also try looking at the nameservers they have used (via Whois). Generally it's the host they use, or even if not, a Google search should come up with the parent hosting company.