Google Checkout vs. ?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by RestOwner, Jun 17, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

have you or do you use google checkout? I am a PayPal person. I wouldn't change it for any other but I recently made a purchase online with google checkout because that was only type of payment they had available. I thought about it first, but I decided to go ahead with it. The transaction went well.

now, speaking seller wise. I'm sticking with PayPal. Has anyone used google checkout for business? I read they're seller fees are higher than PayPal's but I'm not absolutely sure about that fact.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've never used Google Checkout, but I would also be interested in hearing about other members' experience with them. If I was setting up an e-commerce store I would certainly consider them.

3. james786

james786
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google checkout is new for me and and I had not check it yet. But very soon I wanna to have experience with it. PayPal is still best and we can trust on it.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May we know what website is that? What is that thing your purchased?
    A service? Or aa actual product?

5. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I purchased an actual product. I used my credit card for the google checkout transaction and everything went well. I had always bought stuff online with PayPal, but now I got to experience buying with google.

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How's the transaction compared to Paypal?

7. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok here's a step by step process:
    First you need a gmail account, so if you haven't got one, sign up for one on google. After that, just go to the item or product you are going to buy and click "Buy now" with google checkout or the mincart icon and you will be redirected to a google checkout page, when prompted put in your gmail account and password if you are not already logged in your gmail, and then just proceed with the purchase by putting in your credit card information, your name and address for shipping, and click submit. That's it! Afterwards you will receive a confirmation email to your gmail account and a tracking number with it.

Now the difference with PayPal is, if you want to pay by direct deposit you need to enter your bank account information and get verified(this is for both buying and selling). I don't think you need it if you are using credit cards for payment, because if a person is buying from you, they don't necessarily need a PayPal account if they use a credit card. PayPal has a lot of other handy tools for online merchants. Now this is what I don't know about Google Checkout, what exactly is the process for a seller. So far, I've only used the buyer process. I am curious about the seller process but, I am not sure if google has higher fees than PayPal.

8. benneyquenue

benneyquenue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In China , we can't register a google checkout. So bad !

9. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

paypal, checkout and plimus, they are still better than google checkout. because google checkout is not available in all countries. people still prefer paypal or other checkout or payment processors.