Google changed some title tags of my site.

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by FIBC, Dec 10, 2015.

1. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone, my site was built on 2012, and was changed the content, title tags,url,except for the domain from Aug. to Oct. this year, recently I just found some problems through search "site: my domain"by Google:
    Google changed the title tags of some pages, why this happened? Some pages' title tags were changed, but some were not. You may find there many SERPs on Google, part of them are new pages, the other are old pages(before changed version.)

My website:www dot bulksacks dot com

I've added the Meta descriptions and keywords on all the webpages, can this make Google to show the SERP title tags same as webpages'? If can't, how can I do?

Lastly, is this harmful to the SEO work of my site?

Who can help me? Please kindly try to search it on Google, and tell me the solutions, thanks a lot in advance.

2. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi FIBC, The titles your are seeing are probably the old titles before you changed it. Google keeps cached pages for a while and it could take some time for them to disappear. As long as the links haven't changed (or urls) you are fine. If they have changed, consider setting up some 301 redirects to get your users to the correct pages.

3. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi andrewc, many thanks, but the titles searched on google are not only different from the new site, but also the old one.
    On the other hand, except the homepage, the urls of the other webpages were all changed when the site was changed version.
    Who can help me? Thanks in advance!

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Did you mean that the titles on the SERPs are not the ones you specified in the coding of your pages? I am not showing any rankings for your pages in the US, so I cannot compare your Title Tags with the titles in the SERPs. In any case, Google cannot change the code of your website. What Google does is compare the relevancy of your Title Tag to the keyword you are listed for. If Google determines that it is not relevant to the keyword, it will try to find relevant information on the page, and will use that as the title of your listing. The actual Title tags do not change.

5. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi joseph, so glad to see you here again, and thanks a lot for your comment.
    Please type: site:www.bulksacks.com in google search, then you could find most webpages, however, there're many old pages of old site(most of my site was changed, comment, title, url, etc., except the domain).

I got a way through internet, that is add: meta name="googlebot" content="noodp" in the code of my site, then can force Google to show the actual title. But I don't know this way is harmful or not.

6. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are some reasons why Google changed your title tags -
    • Google Wants to Provide an Optimal User Experience
    • Google is Trying to Increase Your Click-Through Rate
    • Your Title Tag is Too Long
    • Your Title Tag is Too Generic
    • You Have Duplicate Title Tags
    • Your Title Tag Doesn’t Relate to the User’s Query
    • Google Branded Your Title Tag
    • Google News Is Guessing What Your Headline Is

7. jandesigner1

jandesigner1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it does happen whenever Google thinks something relevant to the topic then automatically changes the title based on relevancy. Google sometime make your h1 tag text as the title.