Google brings up wrong page (but better than no page)

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by RoseAb, Jan 11, 2014.

1. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wanted to find out if Google would list my page.
    I typed in "Unique Breakthrough Influenza Treatment"
    On first page was my Asthma-Emphyzema page.
    The reason is within this page is listed about 6 conditions that are included on the CD.

But why didn't google show my Influenza page rather than a different page that had Influenza in it?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Where are you located? I typed in "unique breakthrough influenza treatment" on Google.com and your influenza page is ranked #1. This page, containing your post above, is ranked #10. I wonder, though, how many people actually search that phrase?

• Like Like x 1
  3. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, joeroxx, thank-you for telling me this. It's good to know my pages are ranking so well.
    I am in Milwaukee Wisconsin and I did this test from public library. But I got similar results from home and I used StartPage, which is a new search engine that does a google search for you and google doesn't know your history.

And you notice exactly my problem. My pages rank well but no one types that in. The problem I have, is that no one knows that what I have exists, so they don't type in anything that would find it. Alternative is the best match, and I do use that term, but that is too broad to get my pages near the top.

Let me give you example: Suppose someone invented transporter that can deliver packages the way Star Trek transports. How will you tell people about it because when you speak, no one believes it is possible. So you make a website, but no one searches for "magic delivery like Star Trek" or whatever, because no one knows there is such a thing. That is my problem.

I do know that once I break through and get a few real customers (that succeed with my treatment) they will spread it by word-of-mouth or word-of-web.

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just searched the keyword you used "Unique Breakthrough Influenza Treatment". It comes at first page SERP and the first link is your RoseAb. joeroxx is right, why don't your shorten your keyword? It seems a little bit long.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good to know that it is coming up correctly for you. I still don't know why mine shows different page first then the right page later.

Please tell me if you have suggestion for better keywords for me.
    However, keywords that are too broad are useless.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Unfortunately, both you and the fictional delivery company have the same problem. You are both in competitive businesses, and your phrases are also going to be competitive. If you get too specific with your phrase, you run the risk of using a phrase that no one searches. So you have to describe your business in a way that people are familiar with. For example, the delivery company that delivers packages by transporter provides "quick delivery service", a phrase that people would be more familiar with.
    I entered your phrase into Google's Keyword Planner, and it gave me several suggestions for other phrases, such as "flu treatment", "treating the flu", "influenza treatment" and "home remedies for the flu", all of which have a "Medium" level of competition. Perhaps these will give you better results.

7. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your suggestions. I already decided to go with treatment instead of remedy. Otherwise those terms are not specific enough. Also, I have about 250 different condition pages. I already use treat and treatment and I could try to use treating. I use flu and other abbreviations just a little.

Pretty much, I think I have to bring people to the site with social networking which I now am starting to do. I only can expect limited from SE. Maybe from SE only when people already have heard something about my site.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'd like to repeat something I said in my last post. If you get too specific, you run the risk of pursuing phrases that no one searches. One thing you have to remember is you cannot make people search the phrases you want, you have to pursue phrases that your potential customers are searching.
    Using social networking is a good way to not only reach potential customers, but to get keyword suggestions. As more people interact with you through social networking, take a look at the phrases they use to describe your product or service. Chances are, those are the phrases people will search when looking for it.
    I also have one other suggestion. You might want to have a professional writer look at your pages, to make them more appealing to the visitor, making them more likely to buy. You also have a duplicate content problem - all the pages are the same, with the only difference being the name of the condition or disease. Do you really need several pages if the information on them is essentially the same? Put the information on one page, with a list of the conditions and diseases the treatment can be used for at the bottom of the page. Also, there is no reason to have a review of a Wisconsin cafe at the bottom of the page - it has nothing to do with the content. Same with the ads for children's clothing on the "Contact" page. They have nothing to do with the content of the page, get rid of them.

9. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your advice and I will think about all this.