Google Anaytics

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Arcaign, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all

I have been tasked with constructing a Google Analytics webinar course for beginners to intermediate. Because there is so much that can be discussed in the 45 min webinar, I need to know what you feel would be the best points to cover within that experience bracket. Due to the time constraints, we will not be showing people how to set up analytics instead we will assume they have the code installed properly and are looking for advice.

Thanks

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, there is a section in Google Analytics where you can learn the skills you need to further your analysis skills. Here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/index.html
    Additionally, I am not sure if they still have a certification for it which you can take advantage in knowing what to learn and what to teach your students/trainees.

Thanks,
    Mark T

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It`s not so much for personal gain (although I'm learning more about the new features then before) but we have been asked to give a webinar presentation by our city chamber of commerce. They have members who would like to learn more during a lunch and learn so I have been asked to develop the webinar.

4. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

I think covering the different categories on the Analytics site would be a great place to start. Especially conversions and any other tools that lead to any end results. These are areas that tend to be more fuzzy. Knowing how to set things up properly and how to track, and analyze the data would be valuable.

5. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure you should leave the setup procedure out of the webinar as some people may not be familiar with it.

6. yourokcproperty

yourokcproperty
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hi

I think covering the different categories on the Analytics site would be a great place to start. Especially conversions and any other tools that lead to any end results.

7. SDevlin

SDevlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I'm just getting my head around Google analytics, I've been using it for around 6 months. I think a course covering the setting up the account, what each section does and how it can benefit your business would have been something I would have attended. For example, you cant delete conversion goals once they are set up, useful information like this.

8. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You not sure what to deliver because you are not break the time into few section.

45 mins - break into 9 sections, 5 mins each topic
    or
    45 min - break into 3 sections, 15 mins each topic

Possible topic coverage:
    1. Introduction - What is analytics, and how it help us to monitor site performance
    2. Setup, install, feature explanation.
    3. Conclusion and Q & A

For topic which taken longer time, we can prepare a manual to them.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Here's a direct link to the presentations contained within Google's own Analytics course. Those presentations would be well worth a look if you haven't seen them already.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Arcaign

Arcaign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Once your goals are set up, you can simply deactivate them so that the results don't show.

11. greenone

greenone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Teach in layman's terms.

I'm an engineer who prides himself on keeping up with technology but I find that even the folks at Google can't explain Analytics easy enough for the "average Joe/Jane" to understand.

What are Google Analytics?
    "Google Analytics explained"
    How can this tool be useful to you as a business owner?
    What can you do with Analytics?
    Questions??

Find out what your audience is interested in. Do a 2 min question period before you start and start from there. Patrick0001 has a good idea, above

Good luck

• Like Like x 1