Google Analytics Vs. Google Web Master Tools???

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Bliss Elliosn, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I want to know that why do the visit data from Google Analytics and Google Web Master Tools not match?
    There is a lot of discussions and buzz all around about the topic.
    I really want to learn that what is the logic behind to make this happen?

Regards,

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. lizatailor23

lizatailor23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

Google Webmaster Tool shows traffic for each keyword separately but Google analytics shows total traffic.

Google Webmaster Toos give you more information about your website but Google analytics only shows information about the traffic of your website.

4. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal, I have posted a question at that thread.

5. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hi Bliss.

Well, there can be many reasons. One is that the scripts from each program vary, therefore it takes longer to count a hit. For example, using one script, it might take 1.1 seconds to count a visitor, however using another may take 3 seconds. If a user isn't on the page for 3 seconds, the visit won't count. That is one reason they might not match, there are however many more reasons why you may be facing this issue.

6. satyendraTM

satyendraTM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Webmaster tool provides information about how Google bot interacts with your website.From GWT (Google webmaster Tool), you will find information like Impressions, clicks and CTR if you short your web queries according to CTR then you can focus on the pages which has higher CTR.

It helps us to analyze various things

1. You have to focus on keywords/Serach queries which have good CTR.Work on them to position them higher in SERPS.
    2. If a keyword is getting higher impressions and lower CTR then you have to tweak your meta description tags it should be more catchy.
    3.You can fix various errors your website having in terms of crawlers, HTML and server side redirects.

In Google Analytics

You will reports likes how visitors are intracting with your website , Where your website is performing well (Geo location) Which pages are more revenue genrating. You can analyzie various metrix to get more from your website and convert more browsers in to buyers.

• Like Like x 3
  7. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They're different tools which operate in very different ways, so the numbers will always be different. Here's Google's official word on the differences between the figures given in some of their tools but I'm not a big fan of that explanation. It doesn't really explain the inherent differences in how they function, how the data is collected and gives a slightly misleading view (in my own opinion) that the Webmaster Tools data will always be the most accurate. There's also a good video on the topic, which goes a lot further to help explain the differences.

[video=youtube;iabVIPKFi84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iabVIPKFi84&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

• Like Like x 3
  8. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A couple of very useful posts there, especially the video. Thanks guys.

9. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot Paul and satyendraTM, bundle of information I got from these two threads.
    I haven't seen the Video yet and surely I will do.