Google adsense terms and conditions

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by jackthomsan, Dec 8, 2011.

1. jackthomsan

jackthomsan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So I am getting my blog designed as we speak and writing up new content (original) and have been looking around the web on some people who stated that Google cut off a lot of their traffic for various reasons one including the Panda farming algorithm that happened recently. Anyways one guy who runs a pretty big forums all original content no spam etc, stated Google had just cut them off after the panda incident. I was curious of one of the responders replies to the incident who makes it sound as though having Google Adsense on your pages of your blog almost sounds like a violation the way he puts it. Could anyone clarify if the way he's putting it is correct
    ?

2. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've not heard what you are saying and not reading the exact same thing, can't be sure what is being referred to.

However, I do know that excessive Adsense can affect your rankings now. In fact, Google actually states the following here: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2011/05/more-guidance-on-building-high-quality.html

So if a visitor has a hard time finding the content due to ad placement or if ads are pushing the content down, etc., etc., etc., then that would be a reason for a Panda hit.

However -

Many people are speculating why they have been hit by Panda. It is usually not just one thing. Besides improving the ads situation, the key to surviving/overcoming Panda is increasing quality overall. Make your site as good as it can be so Google has no choice but to smile on you.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with Denise that increasing quality overall is the best way to overcome Panda. Remember, Google wants searchers to find what they are looking for - you are not gong to get a high ranking if a visitor to your site has to search throuigh a bunch of ads to find what they are looking for. Your concentration on origimal content will also help.

4. Missnancyalex

Missnancyalex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have make a blog or a website to earn without serving the user it will hit by every Google update no matter its panda or other upcoming updates. Every website has a sole purpose to serve visitors and try to give them some kind of service. If you have placed ads throughout your page and visitor could not find his require information Panda will hit hard.
    If you have placed ads near your website navigational links panda will surely hit, if you ads looks like a content of your page Panda will defiantly hit.

5. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to be very careful who you advertise with and how you advertise. Google, other search engines and even clients/users do not really want to visit sites just filled with advertisements. The content must be dynamic and engaging. There are lots of ways to drive traffic to your site and displaying ads is not one of them. There are lots of ways to monetize besides AdWords as well that does not involve banner ads. You may even want to take advantage of the $75 free adwords promotion to drive some traffic to your blog.