Google Adsense Account Disabled

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by JPM, Apr 6, 2011.

1. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So frustrating.

We were doing relatively well for revenue considering the age of our forum, The Product Forum.

Then all of a sudden, we are disabled, as of today. I have looked through all Ts and Cs and can't find the answer. Has anyone had any prior experience of this please?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry to hear that JPM, that's tough, it's an unfortunate experience that many webmasters have faced. On the other hand perhaps it could be a blessing in disguise, it's harder work but many webmasters have found ways to increase their advertising revenue when they replaced their Adsense ads with something else, such as direct ad sales or CPA networks.

I'd suggest that you contact Google and ask if they can give you a reason why your account was disabled and if they could please review your account. As you will know Google have offices in Dublin, maybe try making a few phone calls to there and see if you can find a friendly employee who can point you in the right direction. This route will take some persistence on your part, but it could be worth it in the end.

Good luck with it, and please do keep us updated.

3. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It must be because of inactive clicks. Are you sure you didn't click the ads yourself or asked someone else to do it? I must say, they are very strict. Have used them before but got banned because of inactive clicks which i didn't commit. I sent them a appeal email form but got rejected...

4. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ohh.. Sorry to here that...

But atleast now you know the reason that can be taken as a earning lesson for you and for all of us that Google is very strict about inactive clicks. But now instead of worrying to much find some alternate and move ahead. Good Luck Friend

5. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great advice Fergal. I will do that. Thanks for the info about Dublin offices I had forgotten to be honest. I will of course keep you updated.

Joel. Thanks for the reply, I mean no offence but when I said I looked through all the terms and conditions it was as a pre cursor to this kind of expected response.

I have not clicked the ads myself nor have I asked anyone to click.

6. CloptonCapital

CloptonCapital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Market your own products and services through a website instead of taking the peanuts google gives you

7. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't fully understand that reply, sorry could you reply in more detail please.

8. harjos

harjos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

Google adsense is not only way to promote your products. Isn't it? Try other marketing techniques.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

An example of that would be creating an ebook or other information product that would be of interest to your members and then selling that product directly through your website. You could create the product yourself or hire someone else to do it. Is that something that might work for you?

10. Andy Beveridge

Andy Beveridge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It happened to me a long time ago. Actually it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, but that is another story. I tried to contact them, but never recieved a reply. Very annoying as I felt that I had not broken any rules. I have know people open up other accounts after being banned. Obviously they must use different email and credit card etc. Very disappointing though, the way they treat people.

11. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not sure selling something on The Product Forum would work, as maybe it seem to be a little biased. We really want to give impartial reviews.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I can see your point there JPM, however, there are ways that it might still work for you. For example, you could provide impartial reviews of various brands of PC, whilst at the same time selling ebook guides such as "How to Chose the Best PC for your Requirements", "How to Trouble Shoot and Fix your PC", etc.

13. dripworld

dripworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After two years i am reading this disabled thing.I couldnot understand why google wont reply to members.
    Jpm sorry to hear that thing but contact to them and see if they can reply.I cannot get an alternate program for you since i have tried many things but didnot worked for me.you can use an alternative like amazon affilitate program etc.
    Can you tell us how may clicks you gotten per day approximately. so this can tell the real truth.your forum is new as i seen earlier.Its against may be google terms telling in public but now you have to tell where the fault has been gone

14. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have a point also, that may be something for the future.

I honestly have not asked anyone to click anything, if that is what you are asking - anyway, i'm not dwelling on it, what's done is done.

15. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The reason was actually stated at the email that adsense team send to you
    By the way, adsense have right to ban those site provide low quality click since it considered as significant risk to the advertiser although the site not against any adsense TOS

16. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Simply s***ks .They are just looting money and they say that they refund it back to the advertisers.may be some money but not full.Some say that they completely refund it,MY FOOT. Google's monopoly should end. Where are the other guys,are you guys sleeping ,Hey Zucker! Start a FB Search Engine which more advanced and efficient algorithm to beat Google

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Off-Topic - Bizarrely enough I was just thinking about the possibility of a FaceBook Search Engine, earlier today. There is a huge amount of content on FaceBook that is easily found, hence we see lots of "Find us on FaceBook" ads and signs. This shows that FaceBook have search technology and it would be very interesting to see how powerful it would be if they applied that technology to a search engine. The FB search engine could be integrated into the FB site so they would have access to the huge population of people who are already regular users of the FaceBook site.

18. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you know why your account is disabled?

19. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not as of yet, a few people claimed on DP that our site was redirecting to www.arabs.com but as it turns out that was productforum.com not ours, www.theproductforum.com.

Sorry i can't help any more, thanks again for spotting that domain.

20. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse