Google Ad Manager, Anyone Used It

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Fergal, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I have to be honest and say that I don't remember hearing about Google Ad Manager, before today. It's a free solution for serving ads on your website and it can be used for both Adsense ads and ads you sell yourself. At first look, it appears like a great solution and it is packed with lots of features.

Has anyone used it or do you have an opinion on it?

Thanks!

2. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the majority of users, it seems to be a little too complicated for them to trouble themselves with (most sites like to just leave the advertising to adsense and not get directly involved). For larger sites where they take the advertising a little more seriously, it tends to get fairly positive feedback, although in the majority of these cases it gets ignored in favour of affiliate adverts.

I've used it a handful of times (mostly just playing around) and think it has good potential, but I haven't used it enough to be aware of all the quirks and issues so wouldn't feel confident giving it a personal recommendation.

The most common complaint I've seen to date is that the tool is complicated, but having only breezed through the manual, I found it fairly straightforward.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback Paul, I heard about it in an online presentation by Jeremy from the ShoeMoney.com blog. They use Google Ad Manager to deliver ads on that blog and it has in the region of $2M in revenue per year.

By the way, the link you posted to the manual is not opening correctly.

4. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Woops, should have double checked that. Hopefully this works.

5. darrween483

darrween483
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a free solution for serving ads on your website and it can be used for both Adsense ads and ads you sell yourself. At first look, it appears like a great solution and it is packed with lots of features.