Going to take a domain name from a hosting site!

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell Websites, Domains & Businesses' started by Keity, May 7, 2016.

1. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all,

I am going to take my first domain name from a web hosting site. I don't have much idea where should I go and how much it cost. Can someone please tell me a better web hosting site which I can rely on?

Thank you!

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Your question doesn't really make a lot of sense but I shall try to answer as best I can.

1. You can register the domain name with whoever you like - it doesn't need to be the hosting company. In fact it's better not to put all you eggs in one basket. Which registrar you use depends very much on where you live.

2. Don't use a cheap hosting company or a reseller. Choose a company you feel you can trust, is local to where you live and has their servers in the same country as your target customer/client. In general the more you pay the better the service and support, if the site is for your business consider hosting and investment not a cost. And take the same care when you choose a developer to build your website.

Registration shouldn't cost a great deal, I pay about £10/$15 every two years.

Good hosting should be well under £100/$150 per year. You can pay more and you can get it a lot cheaper. Avoid the GoDaddy $1 hosting type offers - they are cheap for a reason.