Going To buy a Domain.

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by angelajason06, Oct 6, 2013.

1. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello All,
    Hope things are going well here.

I want to ask that i have decided to Purchase a Domain Like seoservicepakistan.net OR seo-service-pakistan.com OR seo-service-pakistan.org. I want to Optimize that with one keyword seo service pakistan. The Competition is low to this keyword. I know a bit about Google EMD update (Exact Match Domain). But still i want to ask how Much time it could take to get a place on First page of Google?? There are many Partial Match Domains there with this Keywords but no exact match.

Please Guide me.

Thanks

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

No One can tell you exactly how long it would take to get on the first page of Google, no matter how many keywords you are pursuing. A professional marketing firm can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months, depending on the size of the firm, although it can take less for a keyword with low competition. You will be working on your own, so it could take longer, depending on how much work you are willing to do, and how much time per week you dedicate to it. You also have to make sure you follow the guidelines Google has provided. Google doesn't care whether you are a marketing firm or a website owner - everyone has to follow the same rules.
    As far as the Exact Match Domain, that's not going to give you a pass either. You still have to have a quality website that follows Google's Webmaster Guidelines.

• Like Like x 3
  3. dxter

dxter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This Article is Too old about October 4th, 2012. I have read this as well, this was Publish before the EMD update. All the Discussion were accordingly when EMD was working.

5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's the problem with almost all the SEO advice you can read on the Internet. Most of it is badly out-of-date because nothing ever seems to disappear from the Internet. Advice that may have been valid a year or two ago is no longer true. Even stuff that is written more recently is often based on old information by people who read and repeat without knowing what they are talking about.

Google and the other search engines are constantly tweaking their search algorithms. What might have been good advice six months or a year ago may be completely wrong today. Even today, many people are still pushing strategies that were out of favor long before Panda and Penguin. Many of those long-rejected strategies can even backfire and hurt your site's credibility in the eyes of the search engines. Buy 5,000 links for $15 on low quality spammy websites and see what happens to your site.