goal

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by hamzo, Oct 10, 2008.

1. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i acheived one of my goals running a forum www.hamzo.co.cc but i still have to get money from it any help

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your forum is very new. I wouldn't even think about earning money from it, until you have built up members, posts and traffic.

The fact that an unregistered user cannot view the forum titles, forum posts or indeed what the forum is about, significantly reduces the chances of a visitor registering and participating at your forum. I'd suggest that you change this as your first step towards making money.

3. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i changed it thanks any other ideas

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sorry, I don't mean to be critical in anyway, but the the next thing I would suggest is that you improve the grammar on your forum titles and descriptions. Is that something you can do yourself, or would you like a little help with it?

What's your native language?

5. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am arabian and i live in lebanon i am very good at english i think that these things or minor problem could be ignored sorry this is the first time i have launched a forum

6. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first thing I noticed in your site is that your website doesn't look professional. As Fergal has mentioned, it would be good to check the grammar in your forum. Here are some suggestions:

• Administrator should be spelled as Administrator - not admistartor
    • Business is also spelled incorrectly - it's not spelled bussiness
    • Begin your sentences and section headings with a capital letter.

I think that you have a lot of misspelled words. Your browser should already highlight those misspelled words.

7. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pm me!! I will give you a pre modded Style its an carbon style That I had modded for fun!! you are lucky that you are using PHPbb3 as I am a moder at startrek forum you can check me there !!HEHE phpbb3 rocks!!

If you need to customise the theme I will do it for free!! Just to promote Phpbb3:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When your forum contains grammatical and spelling errors, it looks unprofessional. The difficulty is that the forum market is very competitive and if your forum appears unprofessional at first glance, your visitors will go elsewhere.

Have you considered starting a forum in your native language? That should be easier for you and probably more enjoyable.

Do you think there would be a market for the topics that interest you, in your native language?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you can't be successful with an English language site, just that it might be easier and more enjoyable for you if you use your own language.

9. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with Fergal.

hamzo, what is your target audience?

10. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal!! he comes from a middle eastern country so the population of internet users using native language must be high!! But I have never been in a arabic or urdu forum so dont know their forum culture. But I do know that most of the asian warez site are Arabic hehe

11. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think that most of the arabic forums contain silly topics that i hate to talk about i would like to have and english forum since i hate using arabic to write . note arabian people do not look for such a forums even though i am arabian but i have to say the truth they look for very sillly topics to write about that i hate i hope not to take negative view about arabics because i am one of them but even though i like your ways it is nice to take from others and not to keep on what we know remark the mistake mentioned by nazreen are true but in fact my friend which i gave my username and password was the one who set it up because i have no time these dys i am having school exams but i will tell him about the mistakes i am sooooooo sorry and i feel shy from that person better not to mesntion his name because he made me shy from you everybody sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry

12. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

hamzo, don't be shy, and please do not be insulted or offended. We are just trying to help you out and make your forum better for your target audience.

Congrats on getting your forum going, what is your next goal for it?

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd echo Pendelton's remarks, no need to be sorry, we are happy to help and all wish you every success.

Sounds like a great opportunity to me. If there isn't a quality Arabic forum, why not start one? I'm sure that there are a substantial number of Arabian people interested in serious topics on the web. If there isn't already a forum to cater for the needs of this market, there will almost certainly be one in the future. Why not make it yours?

Seeing a gap in the market like this is a forum admin's dream.

Again, I'm not trying to discourage you from starting an English language forum, if that's what you want to do and you feel that you would enjoy an English language community more.

Please let us know your views on this and we will all help you as much as possible.

14. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

oh i am not offending but really that person made me shy i do not like to use the arabic language as my forum language in my opinion ebglish is the internet language you know i know how to speak brazil language and i have its passaport my father workes there and i was borned there but over the net i would not use it no bon in brazil langauge not good to use it i think that english is the net langauge

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I notice that most of your forum headings are related to online business in some way. Yet, you have a forum titled "Football Clubs" in the middle of your forum titles. It appears a little out of place. You might consider putting it under your "Off Topics" forum.

Have you got the resources to get your own domain, perhaps a .com? Having it's own domain will help visitors to remember your forum and increase the chances of them coming back. It will also help the branding of your forum and give it a more professional feel, in the minds of your members and visitors.

16. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i wanted to get one of hostbidder but i am using the points to get traffic to my site do you know how could i get money from this forum through paypal

17. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

deleted football club thanks for the hint

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The only way you can get money via PayPal from Business Advice Forum, is by winning one of our competitions.