Goal for 2008 - monetizing my blog, get a domain name

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by ianbyc, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ianbyc

ianbyc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My current blog is very new. I bought the domain name a month ago but then forgot about it because I dunno what to use with it. Then I decided to start a blog. After a while I gave up because I didn't know what to write.

Now I intend to monetize it, cause I think its the best way to put it to use. My target is to earn $100 and more by February next year so I could kick start my blogging hobby properly.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with your blog. You will need to add some quality content to it in order to maximise the potential to make money from it.

You said "I didn't know what to write" and also that blogging is your hobby, is there not a contradiction there? Sorry if I misunderstood.

Would you mind posting a link to your blog?

3. ianbyc

ianbyc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, blogging IS my passion but then the blog I had before this is sorta an online journal of my daily life and only my friends read it.

I didn't know what to write for a more general audience.I had to write something professional and not dwell only on my personal life. So yeah, hope you understand.

The link to my blog is here

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nice blog there Ian. The content is interesting and enjoyable to read. You just need to keep writing and to create more of it :)

I see that you have a couple of ads on it, so that should be a useful start to help you achieve your money making goal from it. As already mentioned I believe that the key thing you need to focus on at this time is adding quality content to the blog.