[Goal for 2008]Create the most helpful community about IRC

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Thanoz, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As i use IRC and chat in lots of different networks for years now, i always remember who difficult it have been to create my own one network. I had limited resources, didn;t know any unix...
    and with a lot of hard effort i managed something:D
    However, i am sure lot of people have the same problem, so i am starting my own forum, where i will give tutorials, there will be user to user support and hopefully everyone will be in position "learn" IRC without having to stidy *nix commands, learn to compile ircds etc.
    I used my domain(actually a subdomain of my domain) to set up a proxy,snce i own a VPS, and have manages to boost my domain to #1,300,000 (i am around that number) in alexa pagerank, and hopefully it will be easy for someone to find the website through a google search:)

Hope i can achieve my dream!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your dream with us. Have you made specific targets, such as the number of members and posts you want to have by a certain date?

3. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck to you Thanoz, I hope everything works out for you. Do give us more info, and keep us updated. We can cheer you on if nothing else.

4. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest, i don't think i will ever be in posiition to have that a big community, since the people who know alo about IRC Daemons setups,etc are limited. Though i would be very happy if i could have an active community even with..100 members, or so.

I have as a secondary goal, to move under #1 million in Alexa Pagerank by the end of the year, and stabillize my position there.

Hopefully, should a good community grow at my site, i am gonna switch to vB :)

Thanks for your comments!