Go to University/College

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by spurs yeah, Jun 10, 2011.

1. spurs yeah

spurs yeah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get a bachelor of commerce or something and study, many people whinge because they don't know what to do so they fail in business.

(I'm at school and i've done my work. I'm bored so i'm posting junk. lol)

I should be more constructive aye.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Getting a college degree can have tremendous benefits and it is good advice to further your studies. On the other hand a college degree isn't a prerequisite of success and some of the world's most successful business people didn't get a degree, examples that come to mind are Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and Richard Branson.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those people not getting their degree not because they not able to get their degree, just because they are much better than university can teach them, and also they are too bust to "wasting their time on university". This is what Bill Gates told the student. if he got enough time, he will complete his study

4. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Studying will give you a good start, it's a way of meeting like minded people and you will make some good friends for life. It's a great experience and some people do a lot of growing up.

5. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I'm in University now but I'm not studying business. I'm confident I can get the degrees that I'm aiming for and I hope that it will really help me in whatever job I get.

6. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We should remember that college and university is not there just to teach us the topics that we will pursue for the rest of our working careers. Instead, the years on campus should be regarded as a place to learn to think and research solutions to problems. Also a place to develop interpersonal social skills. These life skills will be helpful in the future and it's better to make mistakes with them on campus rather than on the job later.

7. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I couldn't agree more with regards to the part of your post regarding building social skills. School, college, university, any type of education allows you to meet a variety of people meaning social skills will eventually develop at a phenomenal rate.

8. sajjad7006

sajjad7006
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Commerce and Account study learn you only the art of Business, its not happened in practical life, best business man learn from own mistakes

9. stevetoth

stevetoth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

that is right but you need to have a degree

10. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Talent is good thing.. If you have this talent you can do ant thing.. But if you have degree so you can go any where eith your talent and your degree.. no one can stop you...so you need to have a degree...

11. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Colleges/Universities is a prerequisite to learning more and enhancing more of one's ownself, skills and knowledge - as well as a guide for a person to pursue what he/she really wants to be in life and his/her whole career.

12. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I wouldn't go into the raging war of what's better that you can be very successful - getting into College/Universities or not? I just know that Colleges and Universities provide their students the basic knowledge that you can use in your line of work. If you are lucky enough to meet a great professor that can help you and give you advice or tips for the future that'll be really great. But like Fergal said, that's not a prerequisite of being successful.

• Like Like x 1