GMail Motion Beta

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by GekiDan, Apr 2, 2011.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html

Gmail Motion uses your computer's built-in webcam and Google's patented spatial tracking technology to detect your movements and translate them into meaningful characters and commands. Movements are designed to be simple and intuitive for people of all skill levels.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bu927_ul_X0&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bu927_ul_X0&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

2. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hahaha. This was a good little trick. I read it one day late and totally forgot it might have been a trick :p

3. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although it's an April Fools Trick, I reckon it would be less feasible and less efficient than just clicking. Seems like too much work. I do like the effort Google went into, with many pages of documentation.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

"outdated technologies like the keyword and mouse" I'm a dinosaur :) Good old Google!

5. mmack1993

mmack1993
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A body gesture oriented way to send and view mail through Gmail. In the "How it Works" Section it reads "Gmail Motion uses your computer's built-in webcam and Google's patented spatial tracking technology to detect your movements and translate them into meaningful characters and commands. Movements are designed to be simple and intuitive for people of all skill levels."

6. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hahaha, this was a joke. I got fooled! I laughed so hard!!!

7. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It was April-fool Prank by Google, n some has really took it seriously and tried it practically to develop application like Google Motion.

Really Nice try: Here is the link if you want to see the practicle application like Google Motion developed.
    [video=youtube;Lfso7_i9Ko8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfso7_i9Ko8[/video]

8. Blake123

Blake123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that it was really nice. May be I'm wrong, but this video looks like a silly advertisement from Google. But to tell the truth I do not understand Google's deeds for recent time. Thanks anyway.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Blake123, I'm not sure if you read the earlier posts in this thread or if you noticed the dates involved. It's not an ad, it's an April Fool's joke from Google.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What if this one become true someday?

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The video that hetalhet posted shows that there are companies working with this type of technology and it also reminds me of what some gaming consoles such as the Wii are doing. I'm sure that we'll see continued technological advancement in this area, but it will most probably be put to other uses than sending emails :)