Give me some ideas!

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by karoshio, Jun 22, 2011.

1. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

URL: http://karoshio.net

I need some good fresh ideas for my personal website. I haven't worked on this in a long time and currently i have no content on it. I wanted to do a blog, but i didn't know if it was worth it, what software is best, how get get it going basically.

The website used to a portfolio of my website templates and other things like that but i'm unsure if i would want to do that again.

Any suggestions or ideas are very much appreciated.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There's probably nothing to be gained from putting a website on that domain just for the sake of it. Starting a blog on it would be a good idea if you were interested in adding content to it on a regular basis. If that's not something you are interested in you are probably better off using your time to focus on your forum, dedicate yourself to it and make it the best it can be.

3. Preemo

Preemo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe use WordPress and create a personal blog? :)

4. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm that is a fare point. I was thinking maybe along with a personal blog i can have random online tools i make on there and a portfolio on my website designs. Then i guess it wouldn't matter if there wasn't too much traffic, just everything of mine at one spot.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That sounds like a good idea. You can build the site just for yourself, it would be like a combination of a diary and a source of useful resources. You might find this discussion helpful if you want to start it with WordPress - How To Set Up Your First Website with WordPress.