Getting traffic, but no sales so far.

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Ling Jie gu, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Ling Jie gu

Ling Jie gu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all. I'm new.
    I would like for an answer to this: I have an online clothing "line" that puts my works of art on shirts for sale. Here's the link: http://shopvida.com/collections/voices/ling-jie-gu
    Everyone, please have a look and give me advice on what is not selling about the page? In terms of business I have a little bit of experience but not a lot. This was just a random opportunity that fell on my life after I was invited by the website team to be a designer. However, marketing is 100% up to me, and problem is, I've never had enough experience with this type of thing. Please, no preaching about how I lack knowledge or expertise about business; that's not why I'm on here. I want advice as to how I can start getting sales. (Just got about 4000 visits, but so far 0 shirts sold. I don't know why). Do I need to make better shirts? Better art? Better design? Or is my page just not "sellable"? Or am I simply fishing for the wrong fish? I don't know and I'm confused. =/ Thanks so very much for advice. Appreciated!

~LJ

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I won't preach to you about your lack of experience in marketing, because marketing is not the problem.
    I followed your link, and the majority your page loads very, very, very, slooooooowwwwwly. Potential customers are not going to wait for the page to load, when they can get perfectly good clothing by going to another site, browse for what they want, and place their order while your page is still loading - if that's an exaggeration, it's a very slight one. I checked a couple of other designers on the "Voices" section of the site, and the same thing happens.The rest of the shopvida.com site loads very quickly, so customers can go to the main shopvida site and buy what they want. The slooooowww loading only happens with the "Voices" section, so it appears that Vida is not doing you, or the other designers, any favors. Since the rest of their site loads very quickly, they have no incentive to fix the loading time on the "Voices" section.
    Perhaps you can approach them about this, but don't be confrontational. Maybe you can mention your lack of experience, and ask them why the "Voices" section loads slowly, and the rest of the site loads very fast. Tell them you asked some people why you are not getting sales, and the slow loading time was brought up, then ask them if there is a reason for it, or if it can be fixed, and see what they say. There are a few other things you might be able to do, depending on how much control you have over "your" page, but the slow loading time needs to be fixed first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ling Jie gu

Ling Jie gu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like your reply! Thanks for the heads up...! Yeah, I didn't know of this issue. I assumed all pages loaded the same. Sure. I'll write to them. Thx :)!

4. Ink Linguistics

Ink Linguistics
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site loaded very quickly for me. But, the slowness could be an intermittent problem.

I think the 4-6 weeks customers have to wait to get their shirts would put many off. Other areas of the site seem to ship more quickly. If there's anyway you could shorten this I'm sure it would help.

5. Lorence Merk

Lorence Merk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Doesn't mean you accumulate traffic all of them are consider targeted traffic. You have to analyze if the traffic that coming to your site are the right traffic you need. It should come from your targeted visitors and not just general traffic. There are times business owners focus on accumulating traffic without figuring out if the traffic they are getting are the right people they want to patronize their business.

6. Nitesh Jaiswar

Nitesh Jaiswar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Presentation and providing what options to the shoppers matters a lot in increasing the sales of any business. You need to know that proper info of any product with its actual image could engage them on your website and help you to convince them to shop from your website rather than others. I have seen such cases where impressions are many but the clicks are less. So, focus on providing varied options to the shoppers with their complete specification. It will increase the shoppers number on your website which directly increase your sales.

7. Simon

Simon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

according to me the main problem with you is you are not getting good traffic , all the traffic you are getting is not interested to buy products or may be when they reach you page they are accepting something else you have to take a close look at bounce rate of your website that will give me more idea of whats happening with your website
    Wow and as i opened your website i found you never optimized your website and you never targeted any kind of customers to your website they are just random one visit your website
    i will suggest you do ON site changes on your website so it is more search engine and user friendly , you can take the idea from this website of mine i just made some on-page changes in that its about stock control system software ( let me know if you wnat and i will pm you) if you follow those i hope you are going to get some quality traffic

8. Ben Wood

Ben Wood
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Follow below tips to get best sale to your product.

1: Offer just one product or service on your home page.
    2: Reposition your opt-in offer to boost your opt-ins and build a bigger list of loyal subscribers.
    3: Add impact to your promotions with hover ads.
    4: Feature different benefits in your headline.
    5: Add credibility to your copy--and enhance your visitors' trust in you.
    6: Focus on your site visitors--not yourself.
    7: Instill urgency in your copy--and convince readers they need to buy now!
    8: Remove any references to "buying" from the top fold.
    9: Boost your product's desirability by adding images.
    10: Grab the attention of "scanners" by changing the formatting and appearance of your copy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. warmcomplicated

warmcomplicated
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    The site looks good. Have you tried being active in social media as well? This may help you in promoting your brand and reaching out with some possible customers. Or you can also consider seo consultation services. This can possibly assist you analyzing what your business needs and come up with marketing strategies that will suit your website and budget as well. Question, what have you done so far in terms of both online and offline marketing?

#9 warmcomplicated, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
  10. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually you should promote your site within the target audience. if you will get the targeted audience to your site than it will surely benefit your sells.

11. Kula V Diamond

Kula V Diamond
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good websites usually have excellent user experience, sorry to say that even i'm a patient person, I want to close your site after a long time more than two minutes. I suggest you do not put too many pictures on the home page, you can divide them into several pages to display. Too many pictures are too heavy for the browser to download.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Unfortunately, her web page is a subdomain of an existing website, so she does not have as much control as she would if this was her own website. Also, it is an e-commerce website, so pictures are unavoidable. Perhaps she can check to see what format the website owner allows, and use a format with smaller files.