Getting Subscribers

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by TestPilot1, Nov 2, 2011.

1. TestPilot1

TestPilot1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm currently trying to get subscribers from a motorsport forum. It's perfect because everyone on the forum all share the same interest. How would I go abouts to get people to subscribe? I wanted to start a forum with a sticky, but the administrators consider that as spam. I don't really need to purchase a banner ad, they aren't that effective anyway. I've read an article that suggest I put something at the bottom like a signature, but that seems like a very passive method.

How can I start building an email list? Please give me your inputs. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Let me know what I can do for you in return.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First and foremost, prove the your visitors that your site is worth subscribing to, like writing interesting articles and such.
    Signature links, and especially banner ads, helps alot in getting traffic to your site which can lead to them subscribing on your site.

3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

let them subscribe and offer them something valuable for free.

4. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you targeting locally? You can go viral by promoting it first to your friends and other people you know that'll be interested in Motosport. You can also do a deal with Motosport competitions in your place to put your website in their promotional banners, ads and etc. in return, you have to put something in your forum to promote the event. You can comment on Motosport blogs and link it to your forum.

5. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Unless people get some incentive or something useful they do not subscribe any where. Think about yourself how many places have you subscribed with seeking some advantage? Your own nature would be enough to guide you through many decisions and many plans.

6. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is right, you can try to offer something for free then promote your site to proper audience.

7. TestPilot1

TestPilot1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My thought is to offer something valueable for free. Is ther anything that I can offer other than articles?

Any other suggestions to drum up some excitement within a forum?

Thanks for all your inputs! :)

8. AliceNolan

AliceNolan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, join feedburner, this will leads you to get best way is to earn subscribers.

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Feedburner is just a feed publisher. Although it will give you some tools that can help you, it won't do anything if you don't do anything.

10. TestPilot1

TestPilot1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In that case, looks like feedburner isn't the best place to start.

It seems like as soon as you ask for some input from people on a forum, they think it's spam or immediately categorize you as someone with a bad rep. Is there a more eligant way of doing this?

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a good way to publish your feed externally. You can use their tools like the Feed Banner where it updates everytime you have a new post on your blog.

12. jack123456

jack123456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First and present day, confirm the your readers that your website is worth registering to, like composing exciting content and such.
    Signature hyperlinks, and especially screaming ad ads, allows a lot in getting traffic to your website which can cause to them signing up on your website.

13. Addaneye123

Addaneye123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is right, you can try to provide something for no cost then enhance your website to appropriate visitors.