Getting started with SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Nov 14, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm new to internet marketing. I just created my site, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips as to how to get started with SEO. What tools and techniques do you guys use? Anything helps! Thanks!

2. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tips:
    Use Google keywords tool and focus on a few keywords per page.
    Select different title for each page.
    Up to 150 words for page summary.
    Use H1 tags on each page.
    Write unique quality content.
    Share with public with public relevant websites like forums, online communities etc.
    Do on-page SEO and also optimize both on site and off site links.
    Get traffic through social media networks.

3. pushpendra

pushpendra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First do on page like select relevant keywords for site and prepare title tag and page description and verify your site to webmaster tool. After that off page activity start like search engine submission. bookmarking . forum discussion, blog commenting.

4. lilyhollies

lilyhollies
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed, this is a very nice approach to SEO. But honestly, SEO only increases the traffic and ranking of your website. This means that more people view your website, thus inrceasing the chances of someone taking action on your site. Is this worth it? Yes, of course, but make sure you don't have a high bounce rate. This you can track through Google Analytics.

What tools, you ask? Well, your webmaster tool of course. Techniques? There are a lot - keywords, content, but if you want anything more specific I went to a SEO conference recently in Australia and the speaker there provided his powerpoint free of charge. You can access them here . He is very very good, his technqieus I would personally reccommend him.

5. jamesemma4545

jamesemma4545
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly do study of the site means what type of site is it? and then do proper on page by selecting relevant keywords for website and prepare accurate title tags and meta description and then do verification of your site to webmaster tool. After that off page activities like social bookmarking, search engine submission, forum commenting, blog commenting, Guest posting.

6. vishal23

vishal23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Read seo related blog which will be helpful for you to increase knowledge about seo.SEO is categorised into two parts : onsite seo & offsite seo.In onsite seo,you have to optimize your website as per google guidelines like title tag,meta keywords,bold tags,code optimization,internal linking,h1 tags,google sitemap etc.In offsite seo,you have to build inbound links to increase your ranking with theme related websites.

7. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Talk about your business on different digital platforms. You also need to have some good and fresh content. Through keyword planner, try to find as which are the keywords, people are typing on google to search the sites of business you deal with. try to include these keywords in your content. Include meta description and title tag to your site. Study about the two in google. try to include keywords in your image names in alt tag. check for site speed in tools.pingdom.com. see the page load timing, if more than 2 to 3 seconds, remove some java script snippets that are much required. much use of css is also not good. in other words try to decrease the number of server hits for that page. I have seen your site (one in signature), it has google analytics code installed. go to impage analytics and track and improve the user experience. Hope it will help...