Getting link from Ezine is Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by David Parkes, Jul 14, 2015.

1. David Parkes

David Parkes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Folks,

Getting link from Ezine is Good or Bad? because earlier, I have read news that Ezine had been penalized by Google. Please suggest me.

2. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What was the penalty about? I know ezine if it is the same site I heard of years back then I guess they have a good reputation. I am not aware though about this thing you brought up about Google penalizing them. But if you are in doubt then look for another reputable site that you can have a link to. Better safe than sorry

3. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the best quality link from an authority website e.g. Ezine and its not an easy to get approved and be listed in their database because your submitted content will be reviewed and moderated in time.

4. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before Google Panda, publishing articles on EzineArticles was a way to get a small amount of trickle traffic to your site. Basically, you would publish an article targeting a high search volume keyword related to your niche. The article would rank higher in Google because of the amount of domain authority that EzineArticles.com had. Then you could convince a small percentage of those readers to visit your website for additional information about that topic or a related topic.

The anchor text of the link from EzineArticles.com used to be beneficial as long as the link wasn't nofollowed. That is no longer the case.

Around the time that Google launched its very first iteration of Panda, it was apparent that EzineArticles had become a cesspool of spammy articles with spammy links.

When Google launched the Penguin update penalizing sites for getting lots of poor links to their site with unnatural anchor text, people at Google started using links from EzineArticles.com articles as examples of the kinds of links that would get your website into trouble.

So I would say definitively "no" that it is not in your best interest to go get links from articles on that website. Maybe someday, if EzineArticles ever upgrades its content quality enough, then maybe that situation will reverse itself. But I wouldn't go after those links at all unless I started seeing EzineArticles.com articles ranking near the top of Google again. And I don't see that happening any time in the next decade.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting backlinks from ezinearticles is one of the best technique. Ezinearticles is one of the most repudiated website in article submission field. Because ezinearticles is accepting only high quality and unique articles.

6. firsttender

firsttender
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is good but don't try get excessive link from the same site and ezine article is best for website traffic. this site is much helpful to increasing the visibilities of the website.

7. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's a good way. Although many of the other member won't agree with me but Surely it has some advantages. You just need to use this advantages carefully.

8. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the relevance of links one can get from article directories is fading. Most of them [re: article directories] were hard-hit by search algorithm updates and Google even warned webmaster against such link-building strategies. So if you try to get links from Ezine not only would you be wasting your time [literally] few people ever visit the site these days, you'd also risk getting penalized by Google.

Is it worth it? Definitely not. There are tons of other, better ways to build backlinks. Stay away from article directories.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dewayez

dewayez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my point of view its great to get link from Ezine ..It is high PR site having strong back-links from many others high PR sites..

________
    شوفي

#9 dewayez, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  10. Doc Moose

Doc Moose
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have no idea if it would help in the rankings of Google but if it is, then you better give it a try. The other good thing is if the article is generating thousands of views, then you will be getting a good amount of traffic to your site.