Getting knowledge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Changed Creation, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

We have been talking a lot about getting the right kind of knowledge. But who of you have actually bought a business book or done training or taken a course. In your reply say what it was, what type it was, the name of it and to which extent you found it helpful or not. What I'd really like to understand is what kind of info we value in a book or a course or in training, so whats valuable for you?

2. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually the tenure of books has been over in the 21 century. Now the world knows E-books.When we regularly float over internet, we study some or other hings, that is knowledge. The way has changed, but the knowledge is same. On internet, we study things through pictures, graphs, values, stats, videos, which is far more superior than reading just black and white book with a limited content. Knowledge is always valuable, only sources are changed in the new generation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Anushajain
    If you were to think back of the latest business book read or course you have done, what was it that you learnt that you value most?

4. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Practical instructions. A book I refer to all the time when trying to write sales pages (which I continuously practice) is How To Write A Good Advertisement. It's an copywriting book. I refer to that all the time to try and help me with sales pages and headlines.

However, the best knowledge I've ever gotten is from failure. From failing at doing certain things, I've learned what NOT to do the next time I try. Failure is my greatest teacher and what provides me the best knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ranyhoss88

ranyhoss88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order for you to run your business effectively and have a stable financial future, it is important to have knowledge in general finance. Such knowledge will help you make budgets and informed decisions when spending money. You will also know what types of assets to buy to ensure that your business will run profitably. You can get this knowledge from financial training by enrolling in a college or by taking online classes offered by many business schools. This kind of training will enable you to have the stable financial future that you always want.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a great topic. Unfortunately, loads of "online marketers" ignore the training aspect in their professional development, resuming their activity to asking around when they get stucked and, of course, most of the answers would come from inexperienced people which express an opinion based on what "they've heard" it would work.

The last trainings I took (paid memberships) were with Chris Cardle (one of the best marketers in UK), Russell Brunson (some of you have probably heard about dotcomsecrets - this training takes you from 0, but it goes very fast to the advanced levels, so, if you can afford 3-4 hours / day to keep up, then you should consider it) and Chris Farrell (one of the best internet marketers - his program, which some of you I've seen have already subscribed to, using the link on my website :) (thanks!), is specially designed for beginners; it is very inexpensive and I definitely recommend it to those that have never made any money online).

I also do participate in free webinars and teleseminars with Amy Porterfield, Chris Cardle, Jon Olson (CTP) and others. This takes 4-5 hours of my time every week.

The last 2 books I have read are The Charge by Brendon Burchard (self development) and The Devil's Advocate - 100 Business Rules You Must Break by Caspian Woods. I also like to go back to Philip Kotler's books and look for ideas, from time to time.

I would disagree with the idea that books belong to the past and the eBooks replaced them, first of all because the information in the eBooks is less reliable (anybody can create an eBook) and, second, a book is easier to handle (go forward and backward to re-check information or to highlight passages that you may be interested in using later). Plus, nothing compares to holding a book in your hands :).

I also have an advantage, compared to other marketers. My brother has a web development company and he has been working for Six Figure Mentors, lately (the latest software they have released for their members is developed by him). We meet every week and discuss strategies, what works and what doesn't for others, trends and so on, which is helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the time you took in replying this post. It contains a lot of good advice and references. There just is nothing that compares to how fast one can grow if you follow the lead of someone that has done it and be mentored by them! This is just so much easier nowadays through online memberships. I also absolutely love reading books that shed practical light on our business and other life situations, and how they reached their goals.You are blessed to be able to meet weekly with your brother to discuss strategies, trends etc. It reminds me of the value of a mastermind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use free books and reports found here www.free-ebooks.net to get my knowledge about things. Second thing i use is online search. I have bought few books from amazon.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That site looks like a really great resource and I have started following their social networking profiles. Are the books you get from there of good quality?

What format are they in, e.g. PDF or Kindle?

10. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What online courses have you come across that are really valuable for the business owner?

11. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you think those courses are helpful?
    I doubt.

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The world of Internet has always been useful to me and is Google. Everything I want to know or want to more is something I query on Internet. I don't read books but Internet has been a Big book for me to find most of my question's answers. I have also learned things that may be complex to others and is also knowledgeable.

13. HomeBiz Success

HomeBiz Success
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is wisdom of the ages in these books
    Rich Dad Poor Dad
    Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
    Small Business Marketing Kit For Dummies