Get involved

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ronniebryan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ronniebryan

ronniebryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does anyone have statistics on what methods of promoting are the most effective.
    I would think SEO would be top ranked, but that is a highly competitive field with so many changes.

So, the other options are Social Media, Free Advertising, or Paid Advertising Services.
    The thing is I have a very low budget to work with.

I have had small successes in social marketing, but it seems to be very slow. I guess any form of advertising takes time=) Just it seems I should have better results.

I could also be trying to many things at one time, spreading myself to wide trying to pin point my target -to-market. Very frustrating I want to be respected, and my mission and plan is to give the best possible service meeting the wants.

I also, realize this is done through listening and asking questions, I seen this work=) it just seems so dang slow. I have been in marketing 19 months I would think by now I would have more success than I already do.

Is this wrong to feel this way?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Statistics show that on average search engines bring more traffic to sites than all the other sources put together. However, this is an average and some sites do better from other forms of online and offline promotion. Different approaches work for different sites.

If you'd like to share a link to your own site, we will try to offer some suggestions on what would work best for it. Obviously we'd understand if you'd prefer to keep your site details confidential.

In terms of social media, what have you been doing so far to promote your site?

I know how that feels from personal experience. It's not wrong to feel that way and the trick is probably to ask the right questions. Instead of asking why are things not working out the way I'd like, ask how can I improve my business? The second question is more positive and more likely to lead to a solution.

3. tigers16

tigers16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also have a little this kind of problem:confused:

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

tigers16 please feel free to start your own thread in the relevant forum section and we'd be delighted to help you.