Get back hard drive photos?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Donna6578, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Donna6578

Donna6578
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was wondering whether there was a practical way for me to get back hard drive photos. The other day, I deleted some photos on my external hard drive by chance as viewing these newly taken photos. I have not used this hard drive since then. Is it still possible for me to save all these deleted photos back? Any idea could be a great help for me! Thank you very much!

2. Candice689

Candice689
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you restore all your lost photos back successfully?

If not, you can try my ways here:

Firstly, stop using the drive immediately in case that any new file would rewrite all your original photos.

Secondly, connect this drive to your computer and prepare to get back your photos.

Thirdly, apply a third party data recovery program to take chances. In your case, as long as these deleted photos are not overwritten by anything else on the same drive, you do have chances to restore them all back with the help of a data recovery program. Therefore, you’d better select a proper one as soon as possible.

But, if you also cannot make your own decision anyhow, some external hard drive data recovery freeware, which often can thoroughly scan a storage media and get back all needed data as much as possible, can be your choices, such as Recuva, TestDisk, Power Data Recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

Fourthly, save and back up all the restored photos on a different drive in case of data recovery failure.

Note: Never forget to back up everything important at least on two hard drives or locations in the future.

Good luck!

3. derrickfowler

derrickfowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many software that restore lost data on drive.
    Recova is a kind of software that bring back data that is ever removed from your hard no matter how old it is, it can be regained.

4. Alger0non1

Alger0non1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it is possible for you to restore your deleted photos back, provided that they have not been overwritten by your newly saved files. So, you should take care not to save any new on this drive unless you’ve rescued them all back.

And then, you are supposed to retrieve all these deleted photos back with the help of third party data recovery program. As Candice689 mentions, there are many similar data recovery program that can help restore all your lost data back successfully, especially some free ones like 4Card Recovery, Recuva and TestDisk…

No matter which one you choose to apply, you’d better not save all restored photos on the same drive.

After experiencing this, I hope you can learn a lesson to save all important on separate drives or cards well.

5. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many data recovery soft-wares. Go on Google and look for the best one.
    This happened to me as well.
    But i paid some guy to recover it for me because i didn't understand the software. Try out the software and then you can recover anything.
    And let me share something interesting, once my friend accidentally formatted his memory card, he had a 2 GB memory card, he recovered his data, and 12GB of data was recovered. Because even the things that you delete, even those get recovered.

6. kevinkrieger

kevinkrieger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get back softwear is one the best data recovery softwear.

7. riz.122

riz.122
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recuva is a free file recovery software and very easy to use.

8. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The recovery free software to recover your files is Recuva can retrieve your files, but it depends on the time and the actions you perform on that hard disk.

9. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get a data recovery application install make that happen what you need to restore....