Get a good traffic on my new blog and forum

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by pankaj, Jun 5, 2008.

1. pankaj

pankaj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My goal of this year is to get a good amount of traffic on my blog and also on my forum. My forum is 6nd.net and my blog is genius-hackers.com . I think I need too much of money for the promotion and marketing on these two website which I don't have enough in my paypal. And moreover, my paypal account sending limit is also going to be completed in this month at the maximum. I need to get it verified also. So, that the money which I earn can be used for marketing purpose.

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To think that you're just 14 years old pankaj, it makes me feel very old. :)

Anyway, I've just checked your forum and you're also having contests there. Good luck in getting good traffic to you sites!

3. pankaj

pankaj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes ! But now I need money for having more better contests. So, I came here to win.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Pankaj, thank you for sharing your goals with us. Please see some suggestions below.

You might help your forum by reducing the number of forums you have in it. Having lots of forums with a small number of posts in each can make your site look unattractive and uninteresting for new visitors. As an example you might consider combining your Domain Names and Web Hosting forums and combining your Promotion & Review Forum with your Search Engines Forum.

http://6nd.net/ is not optimised for 800 x 600 screen resolution and this may turn some users of this resolution off. There are still some people who use this resolution, including myself, and it is uncomfortable to use sites that don't accommodate it.

I really like the "beginning of a new day.." quote on your forum, very inspiring, where does it come from?

The http://www.genius-hackers.com/ domain name is a great one, so good luck with it. The blog theme you use is very pleasant and professional, obviously you need to insert a logo and customise the header. You have some useful content on the blog and I've actually implemented your tip to "speed up your net by 20%" thanks for that, I hope it works.

Have you considered making your goals more specific? For example "getting an average of 100 unique visitors per day" on http://www.genius-hackers.com/ by July 15th or having a total of 1,500 posts on your forum by the end of June 08.

Good luck with your goals and please keep us updated on your progress.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hope all the best for your forum and blog pankaj. :)

6. pankaj

pankaj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Fergal for your valuable suggestions.

I combined the two boards as you told to do. About the quotes, I got it from a website http://www.dailygood.org . I am glad that you liked the quote.
    I will soon get a webmaster who can help in optimizing the theme for the screen resolution which you mentioned i.e. 800 X 600
    I have never thought of getting some specific goals of getting some number of posts in my forum or unique visitors on my blog. I have sold my blog to Katras on HB, he lives near my house. But than also I can get the valuable suggestions and give it to him.

Do you have any idea that how can I get members easily ? Can it be done only by holding contests or without contests also ?

Any more suggestions are welcome.

7. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pankaj, to get more members, you can also hold a referral contest if you like. The winner will be the one with the most referrals.

Aside from this, you can also go for PPC (Pay Per Click) campaign to increase traffic to your website. Again, this will cost you money. You can also submit your site to free or paid directories and write squidoo lens.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes, referral contests are an excellent idea and can work very well for increasing membership and post count.

If you don't have money to advertise your forum you should look at some free advertising options. Examples might include free directory submissions and adding a link to the forum in you sig in all forums you post at, you could start right here at Business Advice Forum.

9. pankaj

pankaj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you again Fergal for sharing this wonderful tip with me. I think I add my link soon on the signature on BAF. I already have the signatures on hostbidder and digitalpoint.

10. angie1313

angie1313
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wish you the best of luck. You definitely have alot more ambition than I do. :D