Genuine Passion Is key In Maintaining A Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by katewill, Sep 30, 2015.

1. katewill

katewill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Without passion you may start a business but you may not have what it takes to maintain your business. When tough times come, if you are not absolutely in love with what you are doing, you will probably give up. The sacrifices, more than likely, will not seem worth it to you. Make sure that when you are starting a business, you are in it for the right reasons and that you can honestly see yourself doing it long term. Not just until you make some money or while it is still popular. If all of your employees had to be laid off and you were the only one left at your business, can you see yourself still doing it heartily and happily? Longevity will not be sustained if passion is not present.

2. ArticleBlizzard

ArticleBlizzard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I absolutely agree!
    If you have no passion for what you do, you are prone to give up when you hit the first roadblock. However, if you are in it for the long run, you will just jump those hurdles like its nothing.

3. Gadsubone

Gadsubone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I too agreed your thoughts.Good communication is key to any relationship family or business.You should be balance in this.then only you can run your relationship smoothly.

4. MCDA CCG

MCDA CCG
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I couldn't agree more! Passion, fire, and desire are all vital tools to successfully running and growing your own business. If you do not have a love for what you are doing, you need to take a step back and reflect on why you are doing it in the first place. Your customers and clients should see an enthusiastic and passionate business owner in you!

5. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I definitely agree that passion is a main ingredient for success in business. However, I don't think it's ALWAYS the case. There are some instances where people don't have a passion. Prime example is real estate. However, based upon the market and the money you can provide your ROI (Return on Investment) could be big depending on how you play the game. Even though you don't have a passion for real estate, you still work on it as a part of your portfolio knowing that it will increase in revenue over time and there by creating a successful business in its own right.

However, if you are a new entrepreneur and trying to figure out where to put your sticks in the dirt, being passionate about something will definitely be a main root for the cause of success or failure. A lot of people, including myself, have started their first business in things that they really don't have an interest or passion in and give up. The reason being is that they aren't interested enough to put the time in to actually make the money. Passion keeps you rolling along even when the times are rough until the big payday hits. Passion is a key for beginning entrepreneurship in measuring success.

6. Alika Cooper

Alika Cooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may begin a business without enthusiasm, however you might not have what it takes to keep up your business. One of the most important ingredients of building a successful business is genuine passion. It is must look for the customer experience, which is an opportunity to swoop in. I assure that a business can last for decades by fulfilling the requirement of this one ingredient i.e. Passion. Passion is one great force that unleashes creativity, because creativity, because if you are passionate about something, then you are more willing to take risks.

7. Kimmymarkks

Kimmymarkks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a great point. Determination and passion is the key to running a business. There are going to be times when you are financially tight and your social life may not be as great, so it’s important to really be determined to make it work. More than half of businesses fail. Especially when you are starting a new business it’s not going to be easy. There are going to be long hours and cranky customers. You have to have a special type of drive to keep going, whether it’s because you don’t see your family or you don’t make a profit during the first few years.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Starting up and maintaining any business then you have to have a passion, a drive and ambition to succeed.

That's why not only is it important to find a business that will be profitable, you also have to try and find an opportunity that your actually interested in, otherwise your passion will soon fade.

9. Gerry Speck

Gerry Speck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree with you... Although there are other so many key factors which are necessary for the successful entrepreneur. Like

Working behaviour
    Communication skills
    Client handling capability

• Like Like x 1
  10. PrashantBhurke

PrashantBhurke
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hard working attitude is also one of the important factors for any business to get succeed. In addition to that, other factors like type of employees, business planning is also important.

11. carolmartin

carolmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am strongly agree with your points .You have explained great strategies and key factors in maintaining a business.I just want to add my thoughts in this .Positive environment is much needed to enhance the business .

12. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally agree with you. A true passion is one of the key factors to empower employees and yourself in the long run. Be sure that you can communicate the core values to all of employees. They won't leave you in the tough time.