Generating online leads??!

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by spartan, May 2, 2011.

1. spartan

spartan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hay guys about 3 months ago i started my webdesign company, and it has done very well iv raked in about R35000 South Africa Rands which is over R10000 per month but the problem is they are all word of mouth clients is there away were i can actually get clients through the internet, perhaps email marketing? any ideas would be great thanks.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Well done on starting and growing your business spartan, and also welcome to Business Advice Forum.
    That actually sounds very impressive, if your clients are recommending your business to other potential clients it shows that they are happy with your work and are willing to tell others about it. This is actually one of the most effective and successful ways of marketing your business.

Have you got a professional website for your own business? Have you done any SEO work on this site, or tried to promote it in other ways, such as through Google Adwords?

Other ways of promoting your business would be through business networking in your local area. Perhaps there is a business networking association or chamber of commerce in your area that you could join?

3. spartan

spartan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the positive feedback Fergal, yes i have a website and i am now in the process of offering unique features such as forums,shopping carts and Community based profiles (such as Facebook). my site and current clients currently have an alexa rating of around 3 million and receive around 30 000 to 70 000 hits per month. i have adapted a free SEO strategy that i designed to basically get all my clients URLS out on the internet 550 times a day. And here is something interesting my one client has a weight loss product she is raking in 1000s through her website, another client has a online classifieds section like gumtree and a business directory she now has hundreds of clients, both these sites 2 months old and both have the same SEO strategy as mine. So all i can think of is because i am a young business people do not see me as credible yet? i cant help but feel i need to some how collect an email database and actually email people a proposal of my services, if i could just figure out what i am missing and can stratergise how to have it. All your input is much appreciated.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

spartan would you mind sharing a link to your website with us? We will be able to offer you more helpful and specific suggestions if we can have a look at it.

5. ecombiz1

ecombiz1
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

try to promote your website in online business forums.

6. spartan

spartan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal apologies for the late reply i would gladly post my sites link here in about a week or two it is under going construction as im adding now online support features.

7. bellevue limo

bellevue limo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Well, you have to provide valuable information for people to give you their contact information.

Read the book by Jay Abraham, he's a total master when it comes to lead generation. I think the title is something like "How to get everything out of all you got."

(After you read the book, you'll understand the funny title!)

8. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Long term Online Leads
    spartan have you considered build a blog related to your service? as your traffic channel to build your online leads?

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, SEO need to spend long time to see the good result, especially for those people who are using free strategy. In this case, i would recommend to use social media, forum, craiglist, social bookmarking and video submission might help.
    on the other hand, you shall consider to join some freealancer site and get bid on some related project too.

10. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe you can get some testimonials from your previous clients, and post them on your website? Also, add a "Clients" menu item on your website, and list all your clients that you worked with. And then, go out and use adwords. If you try the SEO way (i.e. ranking for a webdesign keyword in search engines), that will take a lot more time to do.

11. SSLMatrix

SSLMatrix
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear,

I think you have to work with SEO Expert because nowadays SEO is compulsory for online business.

12. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is good idea, but as i mentioned it require skill, time and/or money. it is not an easy process especially the OS in the high competitive field

13. lizatailor23

lizatailor23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

I would suggest going to a site like millnicmedia.com because what they do is they use affiliate marketing (online) in order to drive traffic to you. The people marketing your services are professional internet marketers and granted you will have to pay per lead but it's an easy way to get your product out to a MASSIVE amount of people.