Generating free Traffics to my forum

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by someday, Oct 8, 2010.

1. someday

someday
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is there any way i can generate free traffices to my forum. without posting
    comments and artilces to other people's website? or even paying to google
    adword?..this is exactly what i wanted. i do not have the time to post neither do
    i have the cash for google adword. is there a way out? warriorforum Please help.

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF someday and thank you for posting your questions here regarding your site.
    I don't think there's another way to get traffic that doesn't involve promoting.
    You know, site's like forums and blogs, get noticed with the use of promotion. ANd I think without pushing, even a little effort, you won't get any traffic to it.

3. TheEntreprenette

TheEntreprenette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Someday

There are simple techniques to drive free traffic to your website, however they do require some time setting up or constant daily tasks.

My suggestion would be to start researching social media techniques as I personally get more free traffic from Facebook than the 15+ other techniques that i use every day.

Regards

Jo

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum someday, thanks for joining. It's difficult to generate traffic to your site without spending either time or money to help promote it.

One thing you could do is run a referral contest and reward your existing members in some way for referring new people to your forum. When running a referral contest you should be careful to only reward members who make quality referrals. You don't want to reward members who refer people who join your forum but never post or become active on it.

If you'd like, please share a link to your forum and we will try to offer you more specific suggestions.

5. someday

someday
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i appreciate what every one has said about my question.. here is my forum . please i would stil need more help from you people. i am just a novice. thanks u all and GOD bless.

Fargal here is my forum...http://treasurestrove.com thanks

#5 someday, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
  6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

someday who is your forum targeted at, or to put it another way, what type of person would benefit from joining and posting on your forum?

How will they benefit from participating on your forum?

The benefits of joining your forum should be clear, within a few seconds of visiting your site home page, they are not very clear at the moment. Can you think of a slogan or short statement that would help to clarify that?

As an example, Business Advice Forum is targeted at small business owners and those planning on starting their small business. The main benefit we provide to our members, as stated in our slogan, is "Free business advice and support". I know that we are not perfect and have room for improvement, but that kind of clarity could help your forum.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You dont have time to post and you dont willing to pay but expect to get tons of traffic?
    It is just as you nether work nor run business but expect to get rich, do you think it is possible?

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

9. telxcomputers

telxcomputers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

free traffic to forum

i think you need social media optimization. social media can be facebook, twitter, digg or myspace.

10. meetlimex

meetlimex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really forum is the best way to increase traffic and especially I suggested to do social media for your traffic.

Thanks

11. someday

someday
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just want to say thanks to every one here at business advice forum.. especially fargal.. i am really really grateful for that wonderful idea. i just pick up from here..God bless..

12. adana1025

adana1025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

social media and forums are the best

13. DamienGreen

DamienGreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi mate, sorry to say this but you just listed all the best ways to do this for free! :)

Thanks,
    Damien!

14. MartinMc

MartinMc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to generate traffic using forums are:

Forum signature
    Social bookmarking
    Press release
    Email marketing
    Social media

15. DARTN

DARTN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you not supposed to be concerned about getting members rather than just the traffic if its a forum? I mean, what i did to gain members to forum was that i provided them incentives, free downloads of computer science syllabus and other documentation resources that they need in new forum threads and i used to get like tens of members everyday. But unfortunately none of those hundreds of members even said thank you for giving them free downloads, but hopefully it should work out for you.

Other method can be to add few informative posts that can give some organic traffic....